It's not always coming up roses. - Big Wins - Stop and Step

It's not always coming up roses.

Mentholdan

After a spell of some very nice wins and cash outs, last week it came down with a bit of a bump. My total losses last week were £1800 with my max stake at close to £2. One particular session was a 2 hour total drain, getting carried away by thinking surely the bonus must ce after all these spins?? A £400 loss on Eye of Horus after hundreds of spins, only to get the bonus on a £2 stake and it paid the princely sum of £12. I've managed to claw about £1200 back by lowering the stake a d varying the games more "best returns coming on Book of the Irish" and then you start to think oh I've won back £1200 on smaller stakes, just think what it would have been back at £2 spins? But we all know the answer to that one. 

If like me you find it difficult to stop then lower your stake until your finances improve or your luck changes. 

I finally had a bit of luck today. £150 down last night online and £300 down in Ladbrokes today. Stuck a £30 bet on the darts in Hills and then plumped for a last £100 on the FOBT in there. £10 left playing Slots O Gold and the reels spin - only 4 left after this if nothing. Reels 2 and 4 expanding wilds and reels 1, 3, and 5 all mystery symbols. Revealed top symbol for jackpot. Missed the stop autopay so ended up cashing out for £506. and only £44 down for slots and an active darts bet (that pays over £4.1k for a lucky 15 haha)

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Mentholdan said:

After a spell of some very nice wins and cash outs, last week it came down with a bit of a bump. My total losses last week were £1800 with my max stake at close to £2. One particular session was a 2 hour total drain, getting carried away by thinking surely the bonus must ce after all these spins?? A £400 loss on Eye of Horus after hundreds of spins, only to get the bonus on a £2 stake and it paid the princely sum of £12. I've managed to claw about £1200 back by lowering the stake a d varying the games more "best returns coming on Book of the Irish" and then you start to think oh I've won back £1200 on smaller stakes, just think what it would have been back at £2 spins? But we all know the answer to that one. 

If like me you find it difficult to stop then lower your stake until your finances improve or your luck changes. 

I hear ya. I think it’s the me that grew up in the compensated machine era that thinks ‘it must be due to give a bonus soon’. I also did the same on Horus recently, took about 400 spins for the bonus. Carried on playing for a while and got 4 or 5 terrible bonuses and 1 that paid about 50x. But managed to get a nice hit on Danger High Voltage last night. Not enough to retire but certainly enough for a good night out.

if you’re realistic/defeatist like me, you realise there’s only one winner in the long run - low stakes to minimise losses 🙂

3CDD3BE7-3990-4429-8BA1-FB16D25B2DE2.png