Today's Racing - Horse Racing - Stop and Step

Today's Racing

Mentholdan

Today's lucky 15. The one I'm most interested in today is Blackheath in the 3.55 at Newmarket. I tipped this up a couple of times last season, a decent handicapper with a touch of class and the stable are in good form and Holly Doyle on board is a big plus. I'll be backing this one separately. Current odds 12-1.

IMG_20210413_113951.jpg

Good luck, I usually find the Newmarket Craven difficult. I think Southwell will be Skelton benefit today and done all his rides in doubles and trebles.

A winner a 2nd a 4th and Blackheath finished last. Not drawn well and to make matters worse fell out of the stalls, I'll be keeping the faith though. More disappointing is Betfred informed me that they only pay double the odds on a lucky 15 even though it CLEARLY states on the betting slip 3X the odds for one winner as you can see on my slip. Worse still the enhanced odds HAVE NOT CHANGED for a lucky 31 and lucky 63??? This is clearly misleading the public. The shops have been closed for months so it's not as though they haven't had time to get new slips printed and sent out. Whilst I'm having a moan I thought I'd mention that when I went into Betfred yesterday morning at about 9.30am all the waste paper bins were completely full, bad form for a shop that's been closed for months, a disgrace really. OK, moan over. 

I think they could be reported to  Trading Standards  for misleading labelling.

How accurate must the information on a label be?

Broadly speaking, providing false or misleading information is an offence. This includes inaccurate information about the nature of the product, quantities or prices. Your customer might also be able to make a claim against you if, for example, they relied on the information on the label when deciding to buy the product.

Did you notice at Newmarket how big an advantage it was for horses running up the stand rail?

I managed one Skelton treble and three doubles and last one was a tasty 5/1

I dont know about bet Fred but I work in Ladbrokes and we have SELECTED shops that pay treble the odds for Lucky 15s. But they are doing Best Odds for ALL customers. So if any of you go into a Ladbrokes ask for prices. They won't offer, but if you take them whether you have a grid card or not you will still benefit for your winners 🙂

What pissed me off about the whole thing is that I wrote out my bet and handed it over the counter, I was about to leave when I remembered I hadnt cashed my ticket from the day before. It was only when they paid me out that it all came to light. Had I realised they're only paying double the odds for 1 winner I would have gone elsewhere. As you can see it clearly says X3 on the slip and I  was only informed of the change when I collected my winnings. Imagine going to the supermarket and picking up an item marked up at 3 for £1 only to get to the checkout and have the cashier take one away and say I know it says 3 for £1 but in fact you can only have two? 

Yeah where i live we have two Ladbrokes but only one gives 3x on a lucky 15 for one winner.  Well it's quite simple you boycott Fred .you are an online punter,shop around 

Archived