Broke the Streak - General Discussion - Stop and Step

Broke the Streak

Stacy

Had a really bad run of luck last few weeks losing a good £500 in bookies.. I can afford that and I enjoy my time there nonetheless but can be frustrating.

ladbrokes yesterday £60 in and won £66 on a single spin on Home Sweet Home. Played £2 spins on super star turns and got 2 bonuses in a row! Walked out with £360 in the end. Put £40 on sky bet when got home and got bonus on genie megaways paying £190 so cashed that out right away.

Back in ladbrokes today £60 in and got bonuses on Home Sweet Home, drops of gold and golden Castle walked away with £220. Another £40 in sky games and got a bonus fairly quickly on buffalo rising causing out at £180.

Really happy being £770 up in 2 days now time to treat myself I think! 

Very nice, and make sure you do treat yourself. With my last win I went out bought myself a new laptop for £300. Its turned out to be a piece of crap but nevertheless it was paid for by Mr Paddy Power. 

Well done. Remember though that by your own post you were £500 down so you’re really only £250 up.

I don’t say this to sound mean or burst your bubble but people need to learn to be more objective about their wins and losses. Kidding yourself your £770 up will lead you to believe you can gamble all that back without loss. If you look at it the other way it will help you understand how to play a sensible game.

Lets break it down from the point you start at in your post -£500

-£500

-£60 in machine

+£360 cash out

-£40 in Sky Bet

+£190 cash out

-£60 in machine

+£220 cash out

-£40 in Sky Bet

+£180 cash out

When you add all that up:

Staked £700

Return £950

Profit £250

Like I say I’m not saying this to be mean, it’s just important to me that people grasp how bookies work and the above is exactly how they look at it. It’s important to play them at their own game to at least have a chance.

Anyway, a great comeback story with a nice profit to boot 👏👍.

Enjoy your winnings and yes absolutely do treat yourself to something nice.

3 hours ago, TheKingInTheNorth said:

Well done. Remember though that by your own post you were £500 down so you’re really only £250 up.

I don’t say this to sound mean or burst your bubble but people need to learn to be more objective about their wins and losses. Kidding yourself your £770 up will lead you to believe you can gamble all that back without loss. If you look at it the other way it will help you understand how to play a sensible game.

Lets break it down from the point you start at in your post -£500

-£500

-£60 in machine

+£360 cash out

-£40 in Sky Bet

+£190 cash out

-£60 in machine

+£220 cash out

-£40 in Sky Bet

+£180 cash out

When you add all that up:

Staked £700

Return £950

Profit £250

Like I say I’m not saying this to be mean, it’s just important to me that people grasp how bookies work and the above is exactly how they look at it. It’s important to play them at their own game to at least have a chance.

Anyway, a great comeback story with a nice profit to boot 👏👍.

Enjoy your winnings and yes absolutely do treat yourself to something nice.

I get what you mean but you’ve also got to look at it like that £500 is gone I could afford to lose it, it’s history now. Start again and your up. 

1 hour ago, Stacy said:

I get what you mean but you’ve also got to look at it like that £500 is gone I could afford to lose it, it’s history now. Start again and your up. 

I take your point but I think we’re going to have to agree to disagree on the overall principle 🙈.

Regardless, well done and enjoy your winnings 😃

Archived