Filming in Bookies. - General Discussion - Stop and Step

Filming in Bookies.

Mentholdan

the problem is privacy and security. There are many many people who go into a bookies who don't tell their husbands, wives, girlfriends, parents etc due to (I imagine) mainly that they aren't supposed to be there. I know this as an ex bookie worker. we were never allowed to greet someone outside of work times in town or whatever who was a customer unless they said hello first, because a lot of people say theyre popping to the shops or whatever and actually go and spunk money.

because of this, some workers wouldn't like filming incase these people get caught on camera and the people they've lied to see it etc etc

7 minutes ago, LiamJ said:

the problem is privacy and security. There are many many people who go into a bookies who don't tell their husbands, wives, girlfriends, parents etc due to (I imagine) mainly that they aren't supposed to be there. I know this as an ex bookie worker. we were never allowed to greet someone outside of work times in town or whatever who was a customer unless they said hello first, because a lot of people say theyre popping to the shops or whatever and actually go and spunk money.

because of this, some workers wouldn't like filming incase these people get caught on camera and the people they've lied to see it etc etc

I've watched every single video from Darren and I've heard people talk to him, to which he politely replies but not in one single video from a bookies have I ever seen him film anything but the machine he is playing or the one either side or the coffee or coke can that he's drinking. This isn't to spy on people, the glasses are either clear lenses or sunglasses, they are fitted with a HD 4k camera, which means a sharp picture of whatever he's looking at which is ideal for these new tall fobts with graphics from an upper screen. Much more comfortable than sitting there holding a mobile phone trying to keep it steady and in focus. You can film anywhere and no one would ever know. 

It’s a tricky kidney whichever way you slice it.

As Liam says, you might pop in Billy’s and spunk your wages, and lo and behold your missus watches a vid and there’s you in the background swearing and shouting and kicking the FOBT, but then we can technically film anywhere so who’s to say?

ive a feeling if you look at the rules on the wall of every bookies (yes, there are rules and all that shit believe it or not!) it will actually say you aren't allowed to. genuinely.

I've had a couple instances of people filming when I used to work there, I'd just say i'm not bothered about the filming but the filming needs to be the machine and nothing else (to which Id explain why). some bookie workers are just knobs anyway

If I worked in a bookies or a punter having a bet I would not want to be filmed. But I would have no objection to anyone filming their games an a fobt. Why on earth would I?? 

Archived