Generous Sky TV - General Discussion - Stop and Step

Generous Sky TV

Mentholdan

Sky are showing the cricket World Cup free to air as a goodwill gesture. 🏏

Nothing to do with the Wimbledon mens final being shown free to air by the BBC on the same day. 

This is why I'm always banging on about people taking us for morons.

I had nothing but problems with Sky, so moved to BT. It seems the service is fine when there are no problems, but as soon as you get one it's a nightmare to contact anyone as they constantly pass you back and fourth. Luckily I had just renewed my contract so had a cooling off period, but I would never use them again. 

25 minutes ago, StopandStep said:

I had nothing but problems with Sky, so moved to BT. It seems the service is fine when there are no problems, but as soon as you get one it's a nightmare to contact anyone as they constantly pass you back and fourth. Luckily I had just renewed my contract so had a cooling off period, but I would never use them again. 

That's why I use Sportz TV. Every channel sport or otherwise for a tenner a month for two households with a 24/7 help line on Telegram app. 

I'm not certain Sky are showing it for free. They have allowed C4 to show it but don't think it will be free to view on Sky Sports so won't matter too much to them that Wimbledon is on.

To be honest given the choice of no cricket or free to watch tennis I'd go for a walk. Personally find tennis to be dreadful.

8 hours ago, DaveM said:

I'm not certain Sky are showing it for free. They have allowed C4 to show it but don't think it will be free to view on Sky Sports so won't matter too much to them that Wimbledon is on.

To be honest given the choice of no cricket or free to watch tennis I'd go for a walk. Personally find tennis to be dreadful.

Sorry for the missinformation, I was listening to BBC sports extra on the radio yesterday and the presenter said that Sky were showing it free to air, which I imagined meant that if you have a receiver but don't subscribe to the sports cricket channel it would not be encrypted. 

It would make sense for Sky to do that. Obviously the more people watching on sky the more advert revenue they can command. It may be the case they offer it to non sport subscribers on Sky Sports. Have a subscription any way so being selfish not a concern for me 😄

Got it on Channel 4 now, Sky TV  banners and microphones everywhere. You don't get "owt for nowt" in this country. You got the BBC charging over 75s for their TV licence. Its scandalous really. One of the big wigs at the Beeb was leaving so they threw a leaving party for them. They bought a cake for £500 out of the licence fee money, you couldn't make it up. 

Archived