Twice in a week - General Discussion - Stop and Step

Twice in a week

Mentholdan

I went to Betfred with my neighbour this morning, he drove, I left my car at home. I took £10 in cash and a winnIng slip for £59 and £66 in bets for today which I filled out at home, Handed over my slip only to be told they can't pay me because their server is down. I asked them to call head office, which they did, and they told me they still can't do anything. 

I phoned customer services on my mobile and explained the situation,  also that my winning ticket was now 25 hours old. They said there's nothing they can do. I said that I'm In the shop now, watching some bald headed bastard called Fred on the big screens, giving offers and pushes for today's sports, I'm not interested in offers, I just want my paltry £59 winnings. Why don't you guys let common sense prevail and pay me out, put my slip to one side and settle it yourselves when your server is back up and running and then I don't have to make the 2 mile journey home to get the cash. We can't pay you was the reply. Incidentally this was the second time in 14 days I've had the same problem at the same shop by the very 2 same staff and was given the same excuse that the server was down. In this shop it is roasting hot in winter, freezing cold in the summer, the commentary volume is so low you cannot hear it and the staff are not fluent in the English language and I'm telling you guys it's just not bloody good enough, and seeing as I turned 62 the other day it's my God given right to moan. 

Other than that Im fine, 😁

That's a lame excuse, I used to work in ladbrokes around 15 years ago as a DM, and if we had the tech problems we would manually settle bets.

Some frantic days I remember us not even being able to get the results from the screens in shop. We used SiS feed and marked it in the paper then used the OTT/calculators to settle bets.

From your previous posts I thought you did lucky 15s etc, they're not exactly hard to settle. I imagine that the bookies have let the skills of calculating bets etc slip as they introduced zero hour contracts and relied more heavily on fobt income.

Mostly luckys, 15, 31, and 63s, I don't bet singles anymore. My argument all along is that they're always banging on about offers and pushes and why you should always bet with them and this happens. "£59" not £590 or £5900. 

Archived