That wound me up. - Bookies Slots and Roulette - Stop and Step

That wound me up.

Ever got to a machine and there abit of money in it and went on machine?. This happened to me today. I went in as normal and saw that £1.35 was in the machine and asked around if anyone was on it. They said no so i inserted mine. I was only on 20p and used the £1 already while the door opened up and someone comes in my face. Thats my machine didnt you see the £1.35 on it aggressively . I said. Yes and i asked around if any one was on and all said no. He said a few other words to me which i replied. If you leave the shop you left the shop you could have printed the ticket or asked them to lock machine. Staff over at counter then shouted over. To be fair mate You was gone a good 7 minutes. Any way at one point because he had nothing else to say and i was calm and asked him to step back he yeld at me. You stop been in my face youngen. lol.

Im 44 but look about 20 and im only 5ft3" high schoolers are bigger and look older then me but people dont think im going to say anything back but when i do if all else fails its name calling like he just did.

I've played rainbow riches straight after someone left it, although I reloaded the game and won jackpot off 1st spin pretty certain it was 1st spin and another time when my mate left the machine to get some cash and I continued his game and won £70 off a 3 lep bonus

19 hours ago, Senna said:

I've played rainbow riches straight after someone left it, although I reloaded the game and won jackpot off 1st spin pretty certain it was 1st spin and another time when my mate left the machine to get some cash and I continued his game and won £70 off a 3 lep bonus

I wish i would have won jackpot and him been there that would have been funny.

Saw same staff yesterday and he said to me. Im glad you said something back to him he was a right bell end. lol.

Yes a right bell end by the sound of it. If I see any money in an fobt I ask around, wait a couple of mins and then if nothing print off the slip and leave it on the side.

The problem is you never know if you are dealing with a 'cheese sandwich short of a picnic'. I had a disabled guy go nuts with me because I was videoing a win (the fobt was in a little cubicle so nobody was being filmed). If he had asked me nicely I would have stopped. Just prior to the win he was complaining I had the volume too loud; I posted about in the forum a few years ago.

I collected my ticket and tried to leave and he followed me up to the the counter and was threatening me with a crutch he was waving around. It had a wooden handle and looked like it could have done some damage.  Was really annoyed with his behaviour, but decided if I had pushed him over or something it would all get horrendous.

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Stormy said:

Yes a right bell end by the sound of it. If I see any money in an fobt I ask around, wait a couple of mins and then if nothing print off the slip and leave it on the side.

The problem is you never know if you are dealing with a 'cheese sandwich short of a picnic'. I had a disabled guy go nuts with me because I was videoing a win (the fobt was in a little cubicle so nobody was being filmed). If he had asked me nicely I would have stopped. Just prior to the win he was complaining I had the volume too loud; I posted about in the forum a few years ago.

I collected my ticket and tried to leave and he followed me up to the the counter and was threatening me with a crutch he was waving around. It had a wooden handle and looked like it could have done some damage.  Was really annoyed with his behaviour, but decided if I had pushed him over or something it would all get horrendous.

I have asked staff before if anyone on machine and alot say not for a while just use it. Think it about time they put a sign up saying. If you leave the shop your machine comes void unless you ask staff to lock it. When ive gone to toilet which is very rare in those places but when i do i ask them to lock machine and they do. This one person asked me to watch his machine while he went out and i told to to do same ask staff to lock it.

But yeah thats what im going to do from now on is print ticket even if its 4p you just dont know how people going to react. 

Edited by Skipper

I’ve noticed that some of the FOBTs will automatically print out a ticket if it’s left unattended for a while, even if it’s just for a few pence. If they want their 4p, then I’d tell them it’s on the table on the side….

Posted (edited)

Again today I walked in and saw 20p on machine so i didnt go on it while other 3 were in use no one on it but community black knight was on and it turned off to main page. Person came back 5 mins later and put £100 on same game. So probably been to bank. But as seen as 20p in machine he would have thought he had the right to machine first. This need addressing this is making me not want to go in.

There really needs to be a sign on door saying that if you leave the shop with out taking money or asking staff to lock then machine comes void. Or something.

Edited by Skipper

On 6/14/2024 at 6:02 PM, Skipper said:

Again today I walked in and saw 20p on machine so i didnt go on it while other 3 were in use no one on it but community black knight was on and it turned off to main page. Person came back 5 mins later and put £100 on same game. So probably been to bank. But as seen as 20p in machine he would have thought he had the right to machine first. This need addressing this is making me not want to go in.

There really needs to be a sign on door saying that if you leave the shop with out taking money or asking staff to lock then machine comes void. Or something.

What if we left beach towels on the machines like the Germans do???

• Haha 1

On 6/15/2024 at 7:20 PM, Senna said:

What if we left beach towels on the machines like the Germans do???

As long as people know that the next player not responsible for any losses that you not collected thats fine.