Any spare change? - General Discussion - Stop and Step

Any spare change?

BlindHaze

I went to 3 different bookies for a go on the FOBTs this weekend, and managed to win on each occasion. I did what I usually do if I’m winning, set myself a lower limit, and collect when it hits a round amount. 

Obviously, you rarely actually hit a round amount on 20p play, my last ticket was for £200.14 (thanks Napoleon). And every time I went to the counter, they said that they ‘didn’t have the coppers’ so I walked out with just the notes. I don’t particularly care about the 30 odd pence I didn’t end up with, but how can bookies not have change? Any acca you put on pays an odd amount, so it wasn’t like my winnings were an outlier.

Has anyone else had this with their local bookies? Or is Southend just full of penny pinchers?

10 hours ago, BlindHaze said:

I went to 3 different bookies for a go on the FOBTs this weekend, and managed to win on each occasion. I did what I usually do if I’m winning, set myself a lower limit, and collect when it hits a round amount. 

Obviously, you rarely actually hit a round amount on 20p play, my last ticket was for £200.14 (thanks Napoleon). And every time I went to the counter, they said that they ‘didn’t have the coppers’ so I walked out with just the notes. I don’t particularly care about the 30 odd pence I didn’t end up with, but how can bookies not have change? Any acca you put on pays an odd amount, so it wasn’t like my winnings were an outlier.

Has anyone else had this with their local bookies? Or is Southend just full of penny pinchers?

Yep, nearly every time I win a decent amount with change, eg £100.95p they ask me if I want the 95p? Well errr, yes. Try going in a bookies to do a £1 lucky 15 and only having £14.05p and asking if that’s ok 😂😂