Excuse the rant: worse result in a while - Bookies Slots and Roulette - Stop and Step

Excuse the rant: worse result in a while

So after a while sitting on the sidelines I nipped to WH today in a city centre for a go on the slots in my lunch break. I withdrew £200 from the cash point over the road and after losing £60 fairly quickly I start to load another £80 in, when during the last twenty the machine note receptor starts making an awful noise and doesn't credit it to the machine.

So I go and ask the guys behind the counter to help, which they do and find the £20 stuck in the note receptor, which they unravel and has been torn by the note receptor.  Then the tone of the guy changes and says he can't accept the £20 as its now damaged. I'm like eh, i just got it from the cash point and it was your machine, you've had to unravel it to get it out. I'm pumping money into the machine and playing so I'm clearly not trying to mess you around. It's not like am even new to the shop, I used to go in a couple of times every week and even dropped the odd £10-£20 when I had a good win.

Anyway after a long argument, he decides to change the £20, but not after trying to involve other customers in the dispute.

I collected the rest and left just the £60 down and felt like an idiot. But surely it's not my fault the machine mangled the note and I wouldn't have had an issue, if he had said; "okay I'll take it, but I'm a low on a float, so if you win can you please take it back." When i used to work at Ladbrokes, (granted 10 +years ago we would have just taken it to the bank with the banking, like we did with the Ulster notes). 

Anyway, thats my rant, I've decided no more William Hills for me, as i dont like bring treated like a complete mug, but I'm also apprehensive about playing anywhere, probably for the best though!

For crying out loud, i worked in a bookies for 10 years and have took many a note stuck from those stupid dispensers that jam your bloody fingers. What on earth is his problem, if he doesnt take it then his fobt figures will be £20 short. I would have been raging. 

This attitude is why i dont go into bookies anymore. Stick to online.

30 minutes ago, cazza6565 said:

For crying out loud, i worked in a bookies for 10 years and have took many a note stuck from those stupid dispensers that jam your bloody fingers. What on earth is his problem, if he doesnt take it then his fobt figures will be £20 short. I would have been raging. 

This attitude is why i dont go into bookies anymore. Stick to online.

Thats exactly what wound me up, his attiutude just stunk. Ive been going in that shop on and off for years and bookies for decades and never recieved anything like that, definately an advert for online gaming.

6 hours ago, Groyd said:

It's an acceptor, not a receptor.

At least my muddle up has probably gven the guys in HQ a smile, just before they put my "feedback" in the do not care pile.

• Haha 1