Winning less then your bet. - General Discussion - Stop and Step

Winning less then your bet.

Skipper

Should never be able to win less then your bet online or bookies. It should be your stake or nothing. What you think.

Edited by Skipper

I know you guys are talking slots but it reminded me of years ago when I lived in Mallorca. A guy in my local bar used to take the bets and they had the live racing on the TV.

One particular day a guy came in and he was total big mouth from the moment he sat down, he loved nothing more than the sound of his own voice. Telling everyone that he’d owned loads of horses over the years and that he knew the racing game inside out.  So he has a £100 win on a 1-3 shot and the horse dead heated for first place. The bookie brings his winnings over and places it on the bar in front of him which was about just under £67. Well the know all racehorse owner was beside himself.  “That’s not right” he says, “I want my money, you’ve made a mistake. I’ve never ever backed a winner in my life and got back less than I laid out” he moans. I was sat next to him and explained that if your horse dead heats then you half the stake. “I’ve never heard of such rubbish in my life’ he said. He sat there and never stopped going on about it all afternoon and telling every new customer to the bar about his woe. 

4 hours ago, Mentholdan said:

I know you guys are talking slots but it reminded me of years ago when I lived in Mallorca. A guy in my local bar used to take the bets and they had the live racing on the TV.

One particular day a guy came in and he was total big mouth from the moment he sat down, he loved nothing more than the sound of his own voice. Telling everyone that he’d owned loads of horses over the years and that he knew the racing game inside out.  So he has a £100 win on a 1-3 shot and the horse dead heated for first place. The bookie brings his winnings over and places it on the bar in front of him which was about just under £67. Well the know all racehorse owner was beside himself.  “That’s not right” he says, “I want my money, you’ve made a mistake. I’ve never ever backed a winner in my life and got back less than I laid out” he moans. I was sat next to him and explained that if your horse dead heats then you half the stake. “I’ve never heard of such rubbish in my life’ he said. He sat there and never stopped going on about it all afternoon and telling every new customer to the bar about his woe. 

Omg I love they punters. When I worked in the bookies one of my regulars again a bit of a know all but not really annoying. Anyway he comes in one Sunday to collect his lucky 15 winnings (4 winners) he's got his  piece of paper to tell me what he's due and I paid him out what it said on the till.There were 2 rule 4s on it , one for 20p and one for 30p. Omg his face I can still see it, he then came back in with the newspaper to show me the results  but the Sunday Mail doesn't show rule 4 deductions so obviously he thinks I'm lying. 

Even worse he had to go back to the pub to tell his mates their syndicate cash was way less.

• 1 year later...