Gambling adverts - General Discussion - Stop and Step

Gambling adverts

Ian Hislop

You may be confused too ? 

Have gambling adverts been banned?
Image result for government ban gambling adverts
Footballers, celebrities and social media influencers will be banned from gambling adverts under new rules. From October, gambling companies will not be allowed to use stars to target under-18s, The Committee for Advertising Practice said.5 Apr 2022 

Yet gambling adverts are allowed on social media. So not having some no-one or semi famous face on the paid for advert makes it ok ?

9 minutes ago, Ian Hislop said:

You may be confused too ? 

Yet gambling adverts are allowed on social media. So not having some no-one or semi famous face on the paid for advert makes it ok ?

I’m confused to say the least. Although if I’m in the pub watching the football and don’t fancy a bet, I’m not going to have a punt regardless of whether Ray Winstone or Joe Bloggs tells me the latest prices at half time….

16 minutes ago, BlindHaze said:

I’m confused to say the least. Although if I’m in the pub watching the football and don’t fancy a bet, I’m not going to have a punt regardless of whether Ray Winstone or Joe Bloggs tells me the latest prices at half time….

If ray winstone tells you to do something you do it!

1 hour ago, Mentholdan said:

If ray winstone tells you to do something you do it!

Ok, maybe he got to me just a little bit with this one yesterday….796F98DE-A87D-484D-9B22-CE5710CFEB2E.thumb.png.d3417fe3ebbfe21096c84f19dbbdc683.png

• 1 year later...

Gambling adverts everywhere now, don’t see the need for so many, suppose it’s tax deductible so cost bookies nothing. Can get a bit much though , can’t say it makes me bet more, l gamble if l want to