Sports Betting - General Sports Betting Talk - Stop and Step

Sports Betting

Says it in the title, I think a sports betting section would be good on the forum somewhere we could share bets, tips & predictions.

Anyone else think it's a good idea??

Nothing is a bad idea when it comes to sharing tips and information. 

My problem with sports betting are the cramped odds, extremely large stakes needed to win a decent pot. 

Also, as a working person, the biggest problem is the time I would need to invest. 

I read everything on here, you need to be a sponge and absorb as much Info as you can to get any sort of an edge. 

I have a few quid on an 10+ fold acca most weekends, this is mostly for fun and I've never won but came close a few times. (returns tend to be between £300 - £1500)

Sometimes I'll put £5 - £10 on a correct score and first goalscorer and last time I won it was £360 return at the start of the season.

Sounds a good idea to me, maybe share some tips on lesser known leagues (I know the Scottish Championship quite well and have never lived in Scotland - Long story). 

I stick to a £2 acca every few weeks nowadays but would be good to get some advice for a nicely priced even money punt to double my winnings.

On that note, Barcelona are 4/6 to win away at bottom of the table Huesca tomorrow with Sky Bet. I know they’ve got Man U midweek but still.... that’s got to be worth a punt.

Dubai Warrior is a fair bet at 16-1 for the Derby. His Dam, Mahbooba is sired by Galiileo so stamina shouldn't be a problem. His only run so far was on the all weather at Chelmsford, he started slowly but finished strong to win going away by more than 4 lengths.  He should have no problem acting on turf and if he wins impressively first time out this season his Derby odds will definitely shorten. My only worry is that his trainer probably has other future Derby candidates that have never seen a racecourse and the same applies to the likes of Roger Charlton, William Haggas and of course Aiden O'brien. 

Id rather wait a few weeks until after the Derby trials. 

Archived