65 today - General Discussion - Stop and Step

65 today

Mentholdan

Today is my 65th birthday. One measly card and a phone call this morning from someone who I thought had called to congratulate me turned out they only called to see if I could lend them £50 😭

I was asleep last night and woke at 3am only to hear the pitter  patter of rain which was disappointing as I had planned to nip up to Epsom Downs “just 5 mins from me” to see the horses exercising on the all weather gallop. Never mind I thought, it may have stopped in a few hours. I got up just before six and head for the bathroom only to find myself ankle deep in water. It wasn’t rain I could hear after all, the silly cow who lives above me left her kitchen tap running all night and it had been pouring through my ceiling. What a way to celebrate?

• Sad 1

I was a little concerned you’d had an accident when you said you’d gone to the bathroom only to find yourself ankle deep in water…

But many happy returns on your big birthday! Sad to hear that it seems to have passed others by, but Ms Haze and I have just raised a glass for you. 🍺 

• Haha 1