Frankie Dettori. - Horse Racing - Stop and Step

Frankie Dettori.

Mentholdan

Any horse that Frankie sits on in any Classic or group 1 race gets the equivalent of a 7lb allowance. I think without any doubt that he is still the greatest jockey riding in the world today and is the equal of the greatest of them all Lester Pigott. Racing desperately needs Dettori and they really need to come up with a unique way to thank him for his services to racing in the last 30 years. When he eventually retires from the saddle he will be a huge huge loss to the sport. Whilst on the subject of great jockeys I think Holly Doyle is equal to if not better than Murphy, Buick Crowley and Watson. Jack Mitchell, Ben Curtis, Danny Tudhope and Kevin Stott are all fantastic pilots but I can remember when Pigott, Mercer, Eddery, Carson and Walter "the baby faced assassin" Swinburn were all riding against each other, that was truly a vintage crop. 

• Like 1

So Frankie is 51, just equalled the record for classic victories at No.21... and...he's still got is fucking hair!

FDT post Derby Interview

LP on  Nijinsky's Triple Crown

And for the hell of it Secretariat Belmont Stakes 1973