Footy chat - Football - Stop and Step

Footy chat

Mentholdan

If Chelsea slip up Liverpool can still nick a Champions league place, all to play for. Real Madrid could still win la liga with just 2 games to go. My team Mallorca were 8 points clear at the top of la liga Smartbank now they have taken only 2 points from their last 24 and could get pipped for automatic promotion. Finally, the team just around the corner from me Sutton United could well gain automatic promotion from non league to the fourth division, its between them and Torquay Utd and only 1 point in it. Sutton United playing pro league footy?? Hello, was that a pig flying past my window? 

Phew, Real Mallorca will be promoted to la liga for next season after Almeria lost last night Mallorca can't be overtaken for 2nd spot and automatic promotion. I can watch their game tonight completely relaxed. Having said all that, unless they buy at least 6vplayers in the closed season they'll probably come straight back down a gain. My local team sutton United are now three points clear at the top of the National league with 2 games to play, I'm pretty sure 1 win from the last 2 games will ensure promotion to the football league proper but I hope it doesn't come to what happens on the last day of the season. Only 1 team gets auto promotion from that league and the next 6 have to play it all out knock out style. They're a tiny club and their pitch is no bigger than my back yard and they've never ever been in the football league ever. 

3 hours ago, BlindHaze said:

Looks like Sutton will be taking my Southend boys’ place in the Football League. 😞 

THE good lord giveth and the good lord taketh away  😁😭

2 hours ago, Mentholdan said:

THE good lord giveth and the good lord taketh away  😁😭

I’m not sure too many Southend fans would refer to Ron Martin as God.... 🤣

Well Sutton United made it with 1 game to spare after a 3 nil home win against Hartlepool, "I wasn't expecting that" Mallorca are already promoted to La liga but have pulled it back to just one point behind Espanol in 2nd place with 1 game to go. My new TV arrived today "thank you Paddy Power" it turned up at 7.30 this morning would you believe? I'm old enough to remember whe shop were closed all day on Sundays and half day on Wednesdays and pubs shut at 10.30pm. I also remember when I bought my first colour TV, a Sony with a 26 inch screen which was considered huge in those days and would be considered a pc monitor nowadays compared to the monster that turned up this morning. Also, you youngsters here at the forum would probably be surprised to learn that vack in the day TVs were considered such a luxury item that most people rented them from company's like D. E. R. And Redifusion and a 19 inch screen was probably the largest you could get vack in the 60s.