Today's Racing - General Discussion - Stop and Step

Today's Racing

Mentholdan

Sprouted wings and flew home in the last furlong but left it all to late. Ended up 22-1 I manged to get on each way at 28-1. Looks like a ready winner next time out but not at such long odds. 

They were a little disappointed at only finishing third but at odds of 28/1 there was plenty of each way to be had. They gave me another in the 5 o'clock called Devize and that finished second, only getting caught close home. I was told to back them both each way but the one they had high hopes for was Reeceltic. I didn't bother mentioning Devize because at 5/2 it wasn't really a viable each way bet. 

I hope to get up to the Epsom gallops most mornings now, "it's only 5 mins. or so from my home" now the flat has started in earnest and the weather turns a tad warmer. 

It's not very hard to tell which horses are the fittest and working the best, the big problem is knowing what the horses racing name is, the trainers are hardly going to tell you. The lads and girls that ride them out in the morning are mostly friendly enough and will normally tell you as they walk by if you ask. 

I've had some great info from this fairly new contact but the problem is he tends to call me too close to the race time, when I say why didn't you call earlier he says he tried but couldn't get hold of me which I know is an excuse. Two weeks ago he gave me four winners in a row on the all weather over three days. 

If I get any more I'll put them up as early as poss. 

• 2 weeks later...

Reeceltic runs in the 12-55 at Lingfield today. It won't be the huge price it was last time when expected to win but 3-1 at the moment and looks very difficult to oppose.