Pinatubo?? - General Discussion - Stop and Step

Pinatubo??

Mentholdan

After finally getting his head in front last time Pinatubo runs in France today and is a hot favourite to follow up. However, his recent win was at 7 furlongs and even though he may well stay the mile "I still have my doubts" I think Siskin is a viable proposition in the race. Proven at a mile I think he has the beating of Pinatubo and that's where my money is going today. I won't be disappointed if Pinatubo wins and proves me wrong but I think he has it all to do. Its all about opinions in the end, until 3.25 that is. 

Well the only thing that's going to suit Pinatubo is a slow run race and he's never going to get that. I really don't know where he goes from here, I can't see him going for the Breeders Cup mile. Yes he clearly stays a mile but not a yard more and the opposition know that if its a fast run race he won't stay. It must be really frustrating for the owners but hey its not like they need the money. 

I think they will keep Pinatubo at 6/7f where he is 7for7 wins. Doyle ended up following the wrong horse Siskin which he had perceived as his main danger but it wasn't good enough. I do think Doyle should have realised a bit earlier. Breeders Cup his best change over a mile but travelling over probably not viable with virus restrictions, Prix de l'Opéra made for him.

Archived