Stupidity of gambling - A mugs game - General Discussion - Stop and Step

Stupidity of gambling - A mugs game

So on Boxing Day I decided to have a little gamble having been trying to stop for 18 months. Over that time I’ve been to GA a few times, split with my wife, moved in with my mum and then moved into my own flat! 

Anyways, back to Boxing Day. I decided to have a go on the fruities and being half pissed I thought it was a good idea. I withdrew £100 and went into my local spoons. I lost it within about 1/2 hour! I should have walked away and gone home! But I was already feeling a bit twisted. 

I went and withdrew another £200 and thought I’d up my game so went into the 24hr arcade across the road. The same arcade that features in a lot of the hosts YouTube videos. So, within about an hour I’d managed to change my £200 (£300 total withdrawn) into £1580! Now I definitely should have walked away. But I didn’t 😞  

It took me roughly another hour to lose all of it 😞 every last ££. I did however call it quits and go home after that but feeling utterly destroyed. 

I haven’t had a gamble since but all I can think about is losing that much after making a huge profit in such a little time.  That’s addition, thats stupidity 😞 

It’s a mugs game and we all know it ! 

• Like 1

Gambling can be enjoyable, just like drinking, unfortunately for many people it becomes an addiction, it can destroy life’s , marriages, and families, every gambler has lost more than they should from time to time , just like very drinker has drunk more than they should at times. 
the hard truth is for some, they cannot control it, it consumes them & destroys their life’s, 

all you can do is seek help, consider this last episode as a relapse and if you can get help and support from your family and friends, 

everyone who tries giving up smoking drinking drugs and gambling will need help and will have relapses 

good luck hope you can find a way of ridding yourself of this 

• Like 1

Only if you go into win i go in to get away from it. Other day i went in with £10 and was in for 2 and half hour and reached £55 at highest point on 20p. Biggest win was from gambled 80p win on lemings and went for 5 spins then 18 and took them. Won £10 on bonus part banked £8 and took that £2 to £40.

On 1/6/2024 at 9:40 AM, Faceman said:

So on Boxing Day I decided to have a little gamble having been trying to stop for 18 months. Over that time I’ve been to GA a few times, split with my wife, moved in with my mum and then moved into my own flat! 

Anyways, back to Boxing Day. I decided to have a go on the fruities and being half pissed I thought it was a good idea. I withdrew £100 and went into my local spoons. I lost it within about 1/2 hour! I should have walked away and gone home! But I was already feeling a bit twisted. 

I went and withdrew another £200 and thought I’d up my game so went into the 24hr arcade across the road. The same arcade that features in a lot of the hosts YouTube videos. So, within about an hour I’d managed to change my £200 (£300 total withdrawn) into £1580! Now I definitely should have walked away. But I didn’t 😞  

It took me roughly another hour to lose all of it 😞 every last ££. I did however call it quits and go home after that but feeling utterly destroyed. 

I haven’t had a gamble since but all I can think about is losing that much after making a huge profit in such a little time.  That’s addition, thats stupidity 😞 

It’s a mugs game and we all know it ! 

YOU SIR ARE SO RIGHT.MONEY IN YOUR BANK IS BETTER OFF STAYING IN YA BANK ALLWAYS REMEMBER THAY GET RICHER OR YOU GET SMARTER & DONT GAMBLE BIG EVER AGAIN YOU HAVE TO BUILD YOUR LIFE & STAY HAPPY.🫡👌🦾🦾HOPE THIS HELPS.

• Like 1

I never play big stakes now, or have big bet on horses, unless I’m winning, so use some of that 

gambling is more enjoyable if you stay in control and don’t get hurt chasing losses 

l like to play 50p stakes on frutti’s now, if l drop £50 I’m done, no point in making yourself ill . Been there done it,