All the old secrets.... - General Discussion - Stop and Step

All the old secrets....

gr1nder

Any of you guys players from the old days... you know when the JPMs numbered, when the VIVIDs were easy cash, The Jackpoteers rolled for days....

I'd love to start a thread where we can openly talk about all the cheats of yesteryear now they're all dead. I'm sure it would be a massive eye opener for some. Quite scary to realise you never really had a chance on some machines if you had a real player in town. 

I'm sure there'll be ones I dont know about and I'm guessing if they are real more than one person will confirm them. 

I'll start us off with the JPM 10/3 11/2 or 12/1 numbering. Loads of machines used this system for a while. played on min stake you could check if a machine was "READY" in 10 credits 

Also the BWB slots Championship Soccer and a similar Rugby one. just drop 5p in the slot to stop the lights flashing and if the surround was red it was ready to play. If it was blue leave well alone....

Who has got some more.....?

For a while I did quite well on the paragon quiz machine bugs on one of the Words games (spin on the roulette style game then switched games and the bug made it free to play) then Bullys Star prize. Took ages to empty on 125 hoppers but was useful income for a bit.

I remember a lot of the Paragon quiz ones. Quiz machines in pubs were barely sustainable as it was, then people went around taking all of the money out of them! 
I knew a professional quiz machine player many years ago, an amazing guy called Dom (RIP). He taught me a lot of stuff (late 90's), he was probably as smart, if not smarter than the Chasers from TV. He could empty most quiz machines from general knowledge alone, it was amazing to watch. Who Wants to Be a Millionaire SWP was the best to watch, it had a set amount of questions (still in the 1000's) and he knew the answers to virtually all of them. The game would actually cheat when it didn't want to pay and split the final question in to 2 or 4 more questions. 

JPM's would reset and alarm if the percentage went too far out from their target (usually 72%). Most JPM's couldn't be emptied unless the value was there, but there were some which would pay and pay, like Arcadia. 

Nowadays updates are done wirelessly, so any new cheat that can exploit a machine is picked up pretty quick, but back then the engineers had to visit each pub and put a new chip in. 

There was a dodgy little software company who used to make upgrade chips for Bar X machines. These were sold to hundreds of arcades, and the programmers put in a hidden code for themselves to force the machine to streak. You could tell the version of the game from the LCD display, then just had to play 1 credit at a time for a Bar X O, then hold them all and press start. This would activate the streak and pay what ever value was in the machine, usually from £25 up to £100.

Loving reading these. 

Arcadia was amazing, my skillstops are pretty good and I could hut the 343 if it was there for a cheap jackpot. Which then led to Red Arrows absolutely loved that machine. I got so good at wild thing that me and my friend would challenge each other to do it in only 1 steps so missing the win line everytime. 

I know a cheat for Astra machines but you're going to have to keep this one to yourselfs as it's hardly known, 

if you hold 2 of the same symbols and it holds for a 3rd time it'l spin in the win,

this is secret info...  dont tell people that i told you

Archived