A good reason to slow down - General Discussion - Stop and Step

A good reason to slow down

Mentholdan

Last week a friend asked me if I would lay a new floor for him. When I got there I was made aware that the floor was to be laid in "herringbone" fashion. What's more the client was adamant that they wanted the centre of the V shape to run down the centre of the hall. This wasn't really ideal because there was U shape branch off the hall and when the floor opened up into the living/dining area there was so much cutting due to the fact that the hallway defined where the pattern had to be. 

It wasn't exactly hard physical work but because of the pattern you need a very high level of concentration laying the pattern, especially around the door frames and corners. It took me all week and I was exhausted by the time it was finished, more mentally than physically. 😁 What's all this got to do with gambling and slots?? While I was doing the job I must have said to myself a hundred times "I'm not going to do this all week just to give it to the bookies in the slots" So this week it's no on line or bookie slots for me, Royal Ascot is on this week so I'll be relaxing and just doing a lucky 31 each day and perhaps make a profit on the week. 

My mate sent me some photos today, you can see what I mean how the hall dictates how the rest of the floor pattern will be. 

IMG_20210610_111953.jpg

IMG_20210610_112001.jpg

IMG_20210610_135602.jpg

Archived