Real Mallorca - General Discussion - Stop and Step

Real Mallorca

Mentholdan

My beloved Real Mallorca won away at Malaga yesterday to put them in with a chance of automatic promotion to La Liga. When I lived there I was a season ticket holder for almost 20 years, during which time we got to the final of the cup winners cup, only to be beaten by Lazio in the final at Villa Park. We finished 2nd to Barcelona in the league and reached the Champions league. The great thing about the team was that they were very accessible, they ate in a restaurant just a few yards from my apartment after home games and they met up before the home games just a few miles from me in a place called Illetas and after their lunch they would walk a mile or so around the area and you could get photos with them and get shirts signed and autographs etc. My best memory was winning 5-1 away to Real Madrid at the Bernabeau. 

Blimey, Mallorca won 2-1 getting the winner in the 95th minute and then the two teams above them, Albacete and Granada could both only manage a draw. Only four points between 2nd 3rd and 4th, Mallorca are 4th but still 5 games to play. Fingers firmly crossed. 

The play offs for promotion are slightly different in Spain, "I assume its still the same" where the bottom clubs in La Liga have to play the teams in the play off zone in La Segunda "2nd div." 

Archived