Welcome to the Mentholdan Lounge - Page 6 - The Mentholdan Lounge - Stop and Step

Welcome to the Mentholdan Lounge

StopandStep

They don't call them the 'bogtrotters' for nothing mate. 

16 minutes ago, Mentholdan said:

I'm convinced there's a huge prize to be won with that horse, although he's trained in Ireland he's unlikely to get his ground over there??? 

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This was my lucky 31 for today, £90 to come back but Night Edition finished 2nd and let me down for 2k after a very poor ride from Tom Scudamore. 😭

IMG_20200311_192942.jpg

IMG_20200311_192942.jpg

Tomorrow's selections. 

1.30. Samcro. 

2.10.Welsh Saint. 

2.50. Frodon. Nap. 

3.30. Paisley Park. 

4.10. Happy Diva. 

4.50. Colreevy. 

5.30. Denise Aba. 

11 hours ago, Mentholdan said:

I like your style Mayfield, very entertaining. I just want to stress we are NOT tipping, Neither of us have ever suggested we are tipping horses and we've both gone to great lengths to stress that we are just making public our selections. Neither of us want to mislead people into thinking we get info or anything like that and our picks are just our own idea of the winner from how we read the race. We don't want people losing their hard earned on acoount of us. It's uncanny that of the three horses we both picked, so far two have won and at very nice prices. 😁 I'm enjoying your comments though, great fun. 

Yes, just to echo this, these are selections not tips! If you want to have £1 e/w on one of them then feel free but neither I nor mentholdan would claim to be experts by any stretch.

Just a couple of blokes who’ve got a little bit of form reading knowledge hard earned over many years of following the racing.

10 hours ago, Mentholdan said:

This was my lucky 31 for today, £90 to come back but Night Edition finished 2nd and let me down for 2k after a very poor ride from Tom Scudamore. 😭

IMG_20200311_192942.jpg

IMG_20200311_192942.jpg

Unlucky menthol but still a profit!

9 hours ago, Mentholdan said:

Tomorrow's selections. 

1.30. Samcro. 

2.10.Welsh Saint. 

2.50. Frodon. Nap. 

3.30. Paisley Park. 

4.10. Happy Diva. 

4.50. Colreevy. 

5.30. Denise Aba. 

Just out my bed and haven’t looked yet. Will be off to buy the RP in a little bit but I know we will agree on the Stayers Hurdle.

Envoi Allen for the stayers next year??? His turn of pace was deadly yesterday. Like a steam train coming up the hill!

11 hours ago, mayfield4 said:

Yeah sorry i shouldn't have said tipping. I watched your nap of the day come in almost last, Stratum, and realised then you probably didn't even know how to tip a waiter 🙂

Great fun though and i'm glad you're staying ahead of the game. 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Day 3 is really a bookie benefits day, so bear that in mind when placing a bet today especially in the big fields. Very hard to find winners!

For the tipping comp:

13:30 Faugheen 

14:10 Skandiburg

14:50 A Plus Tard

15:30 Summerville Boy

16:10 Simply The Betts 

16:50 Dolcita

17:30 Deise Aba

I will also be having “savers” on the following:

14:10 Kilbricken storm & Welsh Saint

16:10 Mister Whittaker & La Bauge Au Roi

16:50 Concertista

17:30 Bob Mahler 

GOOD LUCK ALL!

One that might just be under the radar because of Cheltenham is Adams Park in the 8.30 at Chelmsford. Never won on the flat but has won over hurdles at Stratford, 14-1 means it's of, serious interest to me. 

Day 3 is underway. 

Mentholdan takes the lead in the head to head with TheKingInTheNorth, having landed the first with Samcro at 4/1 in a photo finish.

I thought Melon was going to win at a Cantaloup, but alas not. 

King drops to £245.71 - while Mentholdan is feeling minted with an overall profit of £285.

Race 2 over and a blank for both Mentholdan and King. 

Skandiburg ran like Sandi Toksvig - and the Welsh Saint stunk the place out like a Dutch Oven. 

Mentholdan stands at £275 profit

King drops to £235.71

Race 3 - you would have been wise to disregard A Plus Tard, times were hard, it couldn't cut the mustard and ran like a retard. 

Frodon was frozen. 

Menthol +£265

King +£225.71

Archived