Welcome to the Mentholdan Lounge - Page 3 - The Mentholdan Lounge - Stop and Step

Welcome to the Mentholdan Lounge

StopandStep

1 hour ago, Mentholdan said:

OK, here goes, selections for day one. 

1.30 Chantry House. 2.10 Fakir D'oudaries. 2.50.The Conditional. 3.30.Call Me Lord. 4.10 Elfile. 4.50 Espoir De Guye. 5.30 Ravenhill. 

I’ll get mine in soon, I’ve got 4 sorted thus far, we agree on one race at this point.

@Mentholdan your nap selection sir?

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, TheKingInTheNorth said:

I’ll get mine in soon, I’ve got 4 sorted thus far, we agree on one race at this point.

@Mentholdan your nap selection sir?

Yup, sorry mate, forgot in all the excitement, my nap is Chantry House in the first. 

28 minutes ago, TheKingInTheNorth said:

It’s a process of elimination 🤣🤣🤣

12E47EC0-6D95-4F27-A9B2-ABBE599647BC.jpeg

In these times, I'd have to say that's a waste of valuable toilet paper. 😜

Ok @Mentholdan here we go

1:30 Supreme Novices

Fiddlerontheroof

Won a grade 1 hurdle at Sandown by 6l last time out, achieving a RPR of 152 in the process. Has won on soft or heavy multiple times so should relish these conditions.

2:10 Arkle Chase

Put The Kettle On

One of two mates in the race and gets a bit of weight, won very well at Cheltenham beating the useful Al Dancer into second and getting the seldom used “jumped well” into the form book. This is a toughie for a mate but the price is über attractive at around 18/1so I’ll be going in each way.

2:50 Ultima Handicap

The Conditional NAP

Probably out of his depth in graded company last time out even though sent off favourite. Thus more his level, won well in the mud at the course to beat West Approach and he should go well.

3:30 Champion Hurdle

Supasundae

10yo now but loves Cheltenham and more important loves the soft going and going LH down having won 5 on soft and 5 LH. Decent price, only question is will his 10yo legs have the power?

4:10 Mares Hurdle

Benie Des Dieux

Not much to say here, she jumps and stays on her feet she should win comfortably.

4:50 Northern Trust Handicap

Espoir de Guye 

Really tough race to pick the winner but if you go back to his win at Chepstow in November there have been 5 winners come out the race, he’s highly progressive and old Venetia does like to plot a big handicap win but has the handicapper been too harsh lumping him up 14lb for his last win(although he smashed that field at ascot by 10l)

5:30 Amatuer Riders Race

Lord du Mensil

This is a rubbish renewal of this but I think the fav is ridiculously short and a false favourite so happy to take him on with this lad.

2 minutes ago, StopandStep said:

Here's mine for tomorrow..

bets.PNG

Think you’ve a few in there will go close Darren! 

I like your staking strategy as well, level stakes is simple and places the same weight on each selection 👍

Would be easy to lump Benie but most of the time your lumping the price rather than the horse!

7 minutes ago, TheKingInTheNorth said:

Ok @Mentholdan here we go

1:30 Supreme Novices

Fiddlerontheroof

Won a grade 1 hurdle at Sandown by 6l last time out, achieving a RPR of 152 in the process. Has won on soft or heavy multiple times so should relish these conditions.

2:10 Arkle Chase

Put The Kettle On

One of two mates in the race and gets a bit of weight, won very well at Cheltenham beating the useful Al Dancer into second and getting the seldom used “jumped well” into the form book. This is a toughie for a mate but the price is über attractive at around 18/1so I’ll be going in each way.

2:50 Ultima Handicap

The Conditional NAP

Probably out of his depth in graded company last time out even though sent off favourite. Thus more his level, won well in the mud at the course to beat West Approach and he should go well.

3:30 Champion Hurdle

Supasundae

10yo now but loves Cheltenham and more important loves the soft going and going LH down having won 5 on soft and 5 LH. Decent price, only question is will his 10yo legs have the power?

4:10 Mares Hurdle

Benie Des Dieux

Not much to say here, she jumps and stays on her feet she should win comfortably.

4:50 Northern Trust Handicap

Espoir de Guye 

Really tough race to pick the winner but if you go back to his win at Chepstow in November there have been 5 winners come out the race, he’s highly progressive and old Venetia does like to plot a big handicap win but has the handicapper been too harsh lumping him up 14lb for his last win(although he smashed that field at ascot by 10l)

5:30 Amatuer Riders Race

Lord du Mensil

This is a rubbish renewal of this but I think the fav is ridiculously short and a false favourite so happy to take him on with this lad.

I'm going to have to have a double on the 2 we agree on

there are confirmed cases of coronavirus amongst residents of cheltenham town , be lucky guys and be careful if your are attending .

Archived