Irrelevant and irritating ringing - General Discussion - Stop and Step

Irrelevant and irritating ringing

BlindHaze

One thing I’ve noticed a lot recently is that the FOBTs seem to be more excited about a relatively low win coming in than I do.

Picture the scene. You’re playing £2 a game and it spins in £20. So you’ve won 10x stake which is nice, but not enough to hit the collect button and then start browsing holidays to the Caribbean with. However....

.....the screen shakes like it’s having some kind of seizure and there’s a fire alarm going off which is more deafening than an ambulance stuck behind a dickhead driver at the traffic lights.

I realise they do that to make it sound like people are winning more than they actually are, although I think it should only start celebrating like that when it’s 50x or higher. 

I just wondered if you guys thought the same, or maybe I’m just getting old and irritable as I approach 40 in a few months....

49 minutes ago, BlindHaze said:

One thing I’ve noticed a lot recently is that the FOBTs seem to be more excited about a relatively low win coming in than I do.

Picture the scene. You’re playing £2 a game and it spins in £20. So you’ve won 10x stake which is nice, but not enough to hit the collect button and then start browsing holidays to the Caribbean with. However....

.....the screen shakes like it’s having some kind of seizure and there’s a fire alarm going off which is more deafening than an ambulance stuck behind a dickhead driver at the traffic lights.

I realise they do that to make it sound like people are winning more than they actually are, although I think it should only start celebrating like that when it’s 50x or higher. 

I just wondered if you guys thought the same, or maybe I’m just getting old and irritable as I approach 40 in a few months....

I'll be 63 in April and I consider it my right to be irritable. 😁😁😁

You must be talking about Blueprints, they are the worst for it. Wild 7's and Multi-Wild go crazy with an £8 win. There's one, I think it's called Mega Fruits (where it holds the win for a bonus spin) which does the bell ringing for any win, even 50p. It actually put me off playing it. 

Vegas slot do it all of the time to compensate for the lack of high wins, I hope we are not heading in that direction.

There was me thinking i was alone on this lol. But I'm way past my 40s.

£20 big win when your down about £200 is so annoying in my opinion.

In bookies I now need to mute the games but not all have the option

12 hours ago, StopandStep said:

You must be talking about Blueprints, they are the worst for it. Wild 7's and Multi-Wild go crazy with an £8 win. There's one, I think it's called Mega Fruits (where it holds the win for a bonus spin) which does the bell ringing for any win, even 50p. It actually put me off playing it. 

Vegas slot do it all of the time to compensate for the lack of high wins, I hope we are not heading in that direction.

I think it was Red Hot Fruits. I used to love that game, it was one of the first I was aware of to have anyway pays 243 win lines and had great potential but exceptionally volatile. But you’re right, if it rolled in a melon on each reel it could pay hundreds, but it’d react in the same way if you got 2 cherries for 50p....

I think I had a couple of bad sessions on it and then gave up. 

Been trying to remember name of that game Red Hot Fruits.

When i used to work in the bookies couldn't play it on demo cause it would bloody drown out the commentary.

Man that game is loud

Archived