World Chess Championship 2021 🤓 - Off Topic - Stop and Step

World Chess Championship 2021 🤓

BlindHaze

I feel I could be on my own in this, but is anyone else watching the fast paced, non-stop action filled World Chess Championship series between Carlsen and Nepo? First match predictably ended in a draw yesterday, but was an interesting game with Carlsen sacrificing a pawn for quicker development and 2 very active bishops.

Carlsen has the white pieces for the next match and I think he’s going to score the first win of the tournament and start to pull away. Oddly enough, they’re not showing it an any pubs around my way, so I’ll be plonked in front of my PC from 12:30 to watch the action unfold. 

17 minutes ago, Stepandstop said:

Wouldn’t say I’m a big fan mr haze 

Carlsen 6/4 nepo 5/4 draw evens 😆😆

I’ll have £10 with you on the draw at even money 🙂

to be honest, I know I’m in the vast minority with this but thought I’d chance my arm to set if there’s any other chess fans signed up here!

57 minutes ago, BlindHaze said:

I’ll have £10 with you on the draw at even money 🙂

to be honest, I know I’m in the vast minority with this but thought I’d chance my arm to set if there’s any other chess fans signed up here!

Can't stand the game, all that rolling around on the floor pretending to be injured! 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, cazza6565 said:

What i know about chess I could write on a postage stamp. I will stick to football and horses of which I can pretend to know slightly more ha ha

The only place I could find that had chess betting was Bwin. Luckily I didn’t sign up as the match ended in a draw so at least I saved a few quid! 🙂 

• 3 weeks later...

Congratulations to Magnus. Game 6 was an incredible win and being a 5 time champion is hard to believe. Also thanks to Nepo for some very compelling games in the beginning of the match.

2 hours ago, Olive00 said:

Congratulations to Magnus. Game 6 was an incredible win and being a 5 time champion is hard to believe. Also thanks to Nepo for some very compelling games in the beginning of the match.

Game 6 was the real turning point. Longest game in championship history I think I heard. Magnus is a master of the end game and seems to have a knack of grinding out a win from drawn positions. Really took its toll on poor Nepo. 

• 4 months later...
13 hours ago, e_abrams said:

When's the championship this year?

Not until the beginning of next year, and that’s if Magnus decides to defend it. Apparently he’s getting a bit bored and says he’ll only play if it’s against Firoujza. Personally, I’d like to see him play Ding Liren.