I'm done guys - Responsible Gaming - Stop and Step

I'm done guys

Ferg

Finally hit home tonight what a fucking idiot I am.

Lies deceit the whole lot go with this addiction.might not seem much to u but lost £125 on the fobts tonight.im usually a 20p player but managed to have £125 in my pocket thru a few wins .anyways was 85 in I'd a balance left of 7 quid RR free spins drops in a £77 bonus.could of cashed but stupidly kept going lost the lot plus 40 in my pocket.im physically ill.

I'm self excluding from all bookie shops tomorrow and removing all gambling content off YouTube.feel so ashamed coming home to the wife and kids they have no idea bar past experiences which my marriage is on thin ice

Wish you guys all the best.tough road ahead but need to put all the stops in to help me not ruin my life

FERG NOT SURE IF YOU READ MY POST LAST WEEK BUT I HAD TO HAVE A MONTH OFF FROM ALL FORMS OF GAMBLING INCLUDING WATCHING DARREN ON YOUTUBE AS WELL AS WATCHING LIVE STREAMS

I WAS EITHER PLAYING ON THE FOBTS OR ONLINE IT WAS TAKING OVER AND THE WIFE AND KIDS SAW A CHANGE IN ME

GAMBLING IS A DRUG TO SOME PEOPLE I LIKE YOU ONLY GAMBLE 20p SPINS BUT IT SOON ADDS UP

IM GLAD YOU RECOGNISE YOU HAVE A PROBLEM GET HELP IF YOU WANT IT THERES HELP AVAILABLE 

IF YOU CANT KEEP OUT THE BOOKIES GET YOUR WIFE TO HANDCUFF YOU TO A LAMPPOST 😮

ALL THE BEST FERG I HOPE YOU BEAT YOUR DEMONS 👍👍

It doesn’t matter if it’s £70 or £7000, if it’s more than you can afford to lose then it’s a problem.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but it seems you had the urge to play because you had cash in your pocket. If that’s what started you playing, then I can suggest carrying no more than £20 in cash with you at a time. 

I used to be the same, I did everything in cash and it burned a hole in my pocket. I could win handsomely some days and others I’d lose 100s, and I know that sickening feeling. I could’ve bought lots of useful stuff with that or put it towards a holiday.

Nowadays I only put £10-£20 every few weeks in a FOBT with the odd £2 football bet - I still get pissed off when I lose though because I think ‘that £20 could’ve bought me and the missus a Chinese takeaway for dinner’. But it’s better than the ‘that could’ve paid half my monthly mortgage payment’ feeling....

I wish you well Ferg, hopefully you’ll find what works for you. Without knowing you personally, I’m not sure how deep in you are - I found that finding something else to pass my time helped. Clash Of Clans was a saviour to me, I have an addictive personality so I kinda moved my attentions over to that. And 7 years on I’m still playing it for free....

Thanks guys

Main issue is firstly I do it all behind the wife's back!!back 2 years ago I lost a couple of thousand online and she found out so self excluded online for 5 years which I still stick to.i only gamble now blindhaze as you said if I have cash in my pocket.usually I build it up from a 2 quid footy acca etc.problem is the fobts once the first 20 gets lost I'm in until I win it back or like yest go broke!!I actually sat there for a minute yest unbelievably getting back to evens off a RR feature but still kept going.il play it down to 75 then 70 then il say to myself il only be 30 down if take 55.next thing its all gone and I'm loading up the other 40 in my pocket playing £2 mega spins(which I've never done in my life) on pofg. Felt dizzy and in a haze once the last spin finished.

Woke up today I dont feel as raw as yest but the shame of the 125 is sick I could be taking my kids out for pub grub today or buying some shopping instead im secretly licking my wounds.

Sorry guys im sorry if this all sounds depressing or silly.and blindhaze I've recently downloaded world series of poker on the phone which I hope helps me.

Not picked up the phone yet to self exclude but will do

its hard when your angry with  yourself ferg  , iv been there before a few times ,  remember that feeling and channel it , use it as a mental checkpoint , put a bit of paper in your wallet  that says i hate fotbs and look at it every so often , i know you feel down at the moment but you have to hit rock bottom before you rise up again , buy yourself an xbox or a fishing rod or do something that you never did before , next time you have money take your wife out ferg , will do you a world of good . i wish you well .

8 hours ago, Ferg said:

Just made the call guys I'm officially self excluded .feel relieved

Well done indeed mate, I had excluded myself in the past and found it a great help. Hopefully it helps you bud. As others have said, when you find your mind is occupied by something else it's a massive help.

Take care

Thanks for all the posts guys I'm a week in and doing good.my mind is a lot clearer and I'm enjoying spending time with the family more.not missing the fobts one bit but il admit Saturday was a bit of a struggle at times not having my acca on but I'm sure that will all fade away. Focusing on watching footy now more and enjoying it .hope you guys are all good. 

Big problem is, I guarantee it works like this..

You shove a tenner in, that goes so you try win that tenner back.. and from then on you are "trying to win it back" not trying to win really right?

It's bad. And you need to stop right now. You're self excluded, so stick to it and stay out of the bookies. Forget your losses as they are gone for good. I've got debts from my gambling but I've stopped now. Those losses are gone for good and that's that. Try chasing them and you'll have bigger problems like you already have.

What's more important is your family and you're on the edge of losing it all. Take control of it yourself and sort it out, you will be proud you did. Dont count days like it's been 2 weeks since, 1 months since etc.. every day is day 1. You're the only person who can do it for you

Its hard mate, i have been there myself, i excluded online in the summer,i always used to play in showboat or cashino as its now called, was banned for life, but they reduced it to 12 months, i found out as i wandered in a few months ago and started playing again, i only ever played the poker slots, but i have been losing a lot, today i put in 150 with no return, excluded myself but the maximum is 12 months, i feel so angry at myself, 150 gone in 30 minutes, why, what are we chasing, it makes no sense, be strong bus

hi guys  i use to only win on the golden dragon so when that game went i near had a decent win .So went off the fobts stuck to my horses'

Anyway since last week betfred had new dragon machin it like the golden dragon .Now to win on fobts you need a good wad money just wait for the bonus

Since the bookies reduced the bonus returns to make more money it sucide gambling,Anyway i decided to invest £5.00 on the new machin 

the plays are 5p i had 5p on 10 numbers and splite the rest with my fav numbers  anyway straight away hit 250 /1 £125 for 50p 

the guy next to me put £2.00 on number got £402 at 200/1. SO I PLAYED from £5.00 everyday and made profit most days .

i even played for one hour for £5,00 can not do that with other games so try it but limit your bet even 5p give you up £12.50

16 hours ago, LiamJ said:

Big problem is, I guarantee it works like this..

You shove a tenner in, that goes so you try win that tenner back.. and from then on you are "trying to win it back" not trying to win really right?

It's bad. And you need to stop right now. You're self excluded, so stick to it and stay out of the bookies. Forget your losses as they are gone for good. I've got debts from my gambling but I've stopped now. Those losses are gone for good and that's that. Try chasing them and you'll have bigger problems like you already have.

What's more important is your family and you're on the edge of losing it all. Take control of it yourself and sort it out, you will be proud you did. Dont count days like it's been 2 weeks since, 1 months since etc.. every day is day 1. You're the only person who can do it for you

Yes mate exactly that I'd always tell myself that I'm only doing a tenner today but once it was lost the anger and determination to win it back took over and the wallet would be emptied.even back couple years ago I'd leave to go to atm and reload.got to accept it's gone now!!no bets in over 2 weeks now and feeling better

Archived