A bit of company - General Discussion - Stop and Step

A bit of company

Mentholdan

Hi guys, as bloke who lives on his own and in his early 60s I can easily go a whole day without chatting to anyone. Anyone that is apart from the shop assistant who serves me or the cashier in the bookies. It's nice to have this little forum to chat generally about something we all have a mutual interest in or even show someone and share with them the good fortune you've had that day. 

In the relatively short time I've been posting you kind of get to know the other members and soon work out which of them is on a similar wavelength to yourself and who has a similar sense of humour.  Also, as other members release little titbits of information about themselves you build a kind of mental picture of them.

I find myself picking up the phone more often now just to see if something new and interesting has been posted. 😁😁

Same here. I have a long term partner but circumstances mean we live apart at the moment. I work hard, try my best to avoid the pub afterwards, and then crash out at home ready to do the same again tomorrow.

I don’t gamble anywhere near as much as I used to, I put a £2 bet on the football every couple of weeks and maybe put £20 into a FOBT every few weeks... hardly high roller stuff but it’s easier to laugh off a crap Eye Of Horus bonus on 20p play rather than £2!

It’s funny, because we’ve probably all come across each other on StopandStep’s YouTube comments, but trying to get a decent conversation on there is as likely as getting a blowjob off the Pope. But I agree, this forum is great for getting to know people without actually revealing info you don’t want out. I don’t do social media, I prefer platforms like this.

Ps, late 30s here 🙂

Love this forum.Not sure if its because I used to work in a bookies or my love of slots or maybe both. My other half thinks this site is mad and calls it my virtual gambling pals which highly amuses me. I bet on footie and slots  both online and in shops.Not very lucky as I dont know when to quit when playing slots even when in profit.

Same here I don't do the Facebook crap and the people who think its normal to post pics of their dinner for example.

46 years old today I’m a simple man low maintenance don’t want any fuss never been on any social media sites apart from this forum don’t smoke hardly drinks alcohol married with 2 girls who argue a lot my weeks revolves around gambling Tuesday I call it bath and bet night I sit in the spare room watching the football scores ticking them off with my little red ladbrokes pen Thursday is my fobt night at the bookies Saturday i book the main tv to watch the football scores Saturday 3 till 5 I call it I don’t ever want disturbing I buy the sun newspaper everyday which is an excuse to buy a £1 lottery scratch card biggest love of my life are fruit machines I used to have my own barcrest machine brilliant money box the wife made me get rid of it love watching YouTube somebody called stop and step is worth a look awesome videos tues-Friday 4pm

I THINK THATS EVERYTHING COVERED MY WIFE THINKS IM GOING SENILE BEING ON THIS FORUM 

READING THIS MESSAGE BACK TO MYSELF I AM A BORING TWAT YOU MUST AGREE 😢😢

Just about to hit 60.... best and most supportive wife in the world along side me, 2 sons who are fantastic young adults... Born by the seaside and still call my birthplace home even though I left it 40 years ago the smell of the sea, the cry of gulls, flashing lights on machines and screams from a fairground are sights and sounds that relax my mind and body I love British Seaside resorts and hope one day they will become popular again and cash will start to flow back into them... But I can't do it alone the wife keeps telling me 😀   

I  used to be a tramp in London many years ago so started from the bottom and worked my way up and at this moment I'm planning my retirement and winding down hence all my forum viewing is during office hours when I am taking a break. I don't go into bookies, I used to love poker (texas holdem) but not played for ages dont smoke or drink (now) used to smoke far too much and drank like an Irish navvy.

Stumbled accidently across Stop & Step but liked the way he presented himself... In the old days he would always start his vodeo with "Bookies today" or "Arcade Session Today" even "Bingo Hall" today and it reminded my of the introduction of playschool when I was a kid when they started with "today we will be looking through the round window". THe wife and I would bet on where we thought he was before we started the video... Now he get shown on the big screen at home every night at about 6.30.

The forum was a great addition for all the reasons already mentioned and long may it continue      

Archived