FOBT... How I (try to) Roll - Responsible Gaming - Stop and Step

FOBT... How I (try to) Roll

TheKingInTheNorth

There’s been a bit of discussion recently about doing your brains on FOBT’S.... Oh how we thought the £2 cap would end this!!!

I am guilty of doing this as well so I’m no angel but I do have a plan that when I stick by it, it serves me reasonably well.

Ill use yesterday evening as a good example. I had decided I would play with £500 and loaded the machine accordingly.

Now I played the following...

Super Star Turns (Premium Play)

RR Drops of Gold (Premium Play)

Fishing Frenzy

Burn em up

Might Black Knight (Premium Play)

What I do is if I have any win over £50 I print the ticket and pop it in my pocket.

Yesterday evening at the end of the £500 I had around £750 in tickets.

I put all the tickets back in, collect, put the ticket in again and put £500 in and then print that out so I now have two tickets, one for £250 and one for £500. I immediately asked the girl to pay the £500 ticket to my debit card and then played on with the £250.

Yup, I ended up losing the £250 and I was a bit pissed off with myself as £250 is a decent return but I left the shop levels you devils as they say and no harm done.

This works for me.

Obviously there are times when the tickets in your pocket won’t equal your initial stake and that’s where you have a decision to make.

Also if you set your spend limit, you must try to stick to it as the trouble really starts when you lose say the initial £500 and then try and chase it down with another £500 and this is the most difficult part, I know, I’ve done it many times.

Good luck to all

My little nugget that works for me is I ALWAYS start with 50p stake. My game is Horus and only Horus "once in a blue moon I play roulette but only ever 100-1 roulette. You just can't justify playing Horus and getting the bonus on £2 spins and winning a tenner and then playing at 50p a spin and winning £170 on the bonus. So it's 50p spins for me and ONLY UP THE ANTE after a decent win. BTW pro raising seems to work often on Horus. 

Aye, Horus infuriates me when I play it on £2 stakes, for the reason you give!

Anyway it worked well for me at lunchtime again today, £500 in, £900 in tickets, sent £700 back to card and then lost the other £200 over the next 30 min 🙈... A win banked is always good tho.

44 minutes ago, TheKingInTheNorth said:

Aye, Horus infuriates me when I play it on £2 stakes, for the reason you give!

Anyway it worked well for me at lunchtime again today, £500 in, £900 in tickets, sent £700 back to card and then lost the other £200 over the next 30 min 🙈... A win banked is always good tho.

Way to go, nicee to think you made £200 on top of a days wages. 

Nice wee session this morning with a bit of time to kill, £500 in, jackpot on RR drops of Gold after gambling just over £200 for 30 free spins 🙈🙈🙈.

£300 out of mighty black night as well and ended up leaving £250 to the good... that’ll do for today!

Archived