Pinatubo - General Discussion - Stop and Step

Pinatubo

Mentholdan

Pinatubo finally got his head in front this season in a 7 furlong group 1 race in France. He finished off his race in the manner of a horse that will stay a mile or even further but the form of the race looks very weak, "the third horse only placed in a listed race last time" I reckon the Sussex stakes at Goodwood could be right up his street, time will tell??? 

will he beat siskin though ? im not so sure , the obrien horse he beat yesterday not very good although i thought he ran a belter and the rest were trees , id be happy to lay him , but as you say time will tell 

Hubby bet him at Newmarket last month and also ante post at Ascot. Although both were a mile.So after getting his fingers burnt twice we never bet him yesterday also price was too short I thought. Maybe that 7 furlongs is enough.

I did however have £10 each way on lope y fernandez yest at Deauville.

I'd be inclined to go for the Sussex stakes and should he win that then a tilt at the Breeders Cup Mile on the turf. If he were successful in the latter then leave him in the USA to stand at stud. If however the mile is beyond him then back to UK and aim him at the top sprints next season. He's so exciting to watch with that blistering gear change. We watch and wait. 

Archived