No FOBT’S in Scotland - Page 2 - Bookies Slots and Roulette - Stop and Step

No FOBT’S in Scotland

5 hours ago, Partytimearena said:

Government has done a u-turn apparently, don't want convid 19 to spread through terminals

Yet, the information terminal (e.g for getting prices) is turned on?

Went up to my local bookies today for a shot on the FOBTs (after a nice win on reopening on weds!) to find them off again do a government u turn they were told to turn them off at 7pm on weds. 
The ironic thing is that the betting terminals to place sports bets are still on so what’s the difference between that and the FOBTs? Nothing in my opinion! 🤬

I was told that they will not be on again in July! 🤦‍♂️

41 minutes ago, The BK said:

Went up to my local bookies today for a shot on the FOBTs (after a nice win on reopening on weds!) to find them off again do a government u turn they were told to turn them off at 7pm on weds. 
The ironic thing is that the betting terminals to place sports bets are still on so what’s the difference between that and the FOBTs? Nothing in my opinion! 🤬

I was told that they will not be on again in July! 🤦‍♂️

I think it’s clear the Scottish Government are out to “get” the FOBT.

This is an easy thing to do when they don’t rely on tax income from bookies as part of their budget getting money under the Barnet formula and they personal income tax.

Makes them look good.

I was told that bookies are classed as ‘entertainment’ in Scotland unlike England, complete and utter BS! 
If you can press a screen on a sports betting terminal you can press it on a slot! Jesus!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived