No FOBT’S in Scotland - Bookies Slots and Roulette - Stop and Step

No FOBT’S in Scotland

Hadn’t realised this but when the bookies reopen in Scotland on the 29th there will be no FOBT’S in action!

Transactions only in the shops... see article below....

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.racingpost.com/news/betting-shops-set-to-reopen-in-scotland-with-restricted-service-on-monday-week/438516/amp

no tvs showing live spots , no chairs , no pens or pencils , surprised they  arnt going back to extel ,  its like going back in time to 1978 ffs . 

It won't last . I have 5 betting shops where I live in Glasgow all within 5 minutes walk. The FOBT revenue in some shops far outweighs the OTC. I give it a few weeks for the dust to settle. Maybe I could be wrong but I doubt it.

Don’t know about others but for me a won’t be playing fobts or arcades again when everything is open, online has so much more potential and the games are better for me

7 hours ago, Partytimearena said:

What about arcades like cashinos, they'll make a killing with addicts not having access to fobts in the bookies

not really its fair play people choose where they play anyway

As well as the 5 betting shops where I live there is also 2 amusement arcades both owned by the same guy. One is next door to a Mecca bingo but I can't see the other reopening at all as it was never busy before lockdown. Both arcades are same side of the street and quite close proximity.

On 6/28/2020 at 9:23 AM, mr x said:

not really its fair play people choose where they play anyway

That was the point, they don't have a choice. Bookies fobts are not switched on, in Scotland.

On 6/28/2020 at 1:52 AM, Partytimearena said:

What about arcades like cashinos, they'll make a killing with addicts not having access to fobts in the bookies

I doubt it as they are still closed in Scotland (as far as I’m aware)

Yeah arcades still closed here in my neck of the woods. Bookies has audio commentary for racing but thats it. Fobts are cordened off.

All chairs removed too

• 3 weeks later...

I'm in Glasgow. I didn't go in today but walking past Ladbrokes on way to shops I seen tv's were back on for the racing but no sure about FOBTs 

Archived