Arcades - Bookies Slots and Roulette - Stop and Step

Arcades

They are now not opening on monday,government wait till last minute before informing them of their uturn.

Bookies are ok though make what you want of that

Yesterday evening an unconfirmed rumour was doing the rounds saying that AGC’s and High St Bingo were not going to be allowed to open on Monday, but LBO’s will. I have now had this confirmed by DCMS this morning that this is indeed the case. As we know the DCMS have been pushing Number 10 to have AGCs included and this week has been no different. But the conclusion reached by the No10 Team was that ‘Arcades’ would not be able to comply with the Gov Guidelines for retail that says customers should enter a premises, make their purchase and leave asap. (Number 10 have to pass new legislation that ‘allows’ particular businesses to be exempt from the closedown legislation passed in March) The view is that arcade customers need dwell time to partake in the product, which is at odds with the guidelines. The DCMS are adamant that there is no way to change Number 10’s position on this so we are now looking at July 4th as the earliest opening date for AGCs and High St Bingo. We did think that this problem was caused by the confusion over the interpretation of the word ‘Arcade’, but this is clearly not the case here. LBO’s will be able to reopen on Monday as planned.

If you watched corals video earlier in the week ,they are going to let customers dwell in their shops after putting their bets on.

They will dwell while watching the races and they will dwell while playing fobts.

Not level playing field i think

nope arcades are  having a meeting with goverment today from what i have been told if bookies can open they will

Arcades took their staff off furlow weeks ago to get their shops ready in time for monday.

Bookmakers have more clout than bacta.

But the legislation to allow any business to reopen on money has not been passed yet so everything could change

I have to say this is a massive massive cockup from the Government.  My local arcade has taken over 15 members of staff off furlough for this reopening and has spent thousands to comply with the regulations and on top of all this floated around 50 machines!

To say I am less than impressed is a joke!

I've just wandered around my local town centre, Mansfield, 3.30 pm on Friday, looking like the aftermath of a zombie apocalypse, more shops boarded up than open.  No sign of life in Wm Hills or Befred, lights on in Ladrokes and clearly some plastic partitions between the fobts.  Wandered past Cashino, two blokes in black suits and clipboards almost certainly from the Council chatting through the open door to the manager.  I shouted 'ayup, are you opening on Monday,  mi'duck' to which the reply from the stern suited men was 'we don't know youth, we're sorting it out'.  Not much help.

Bizarrely, even though footfall must be down about 90% and car parks are virtually empty, there was a traffic warden on patrol.

We shall have to wait and see...

Archived