Today's racing - General Discussion - Stop and Step

Today's racing

Mentholdan

Only two worth backing for me today. 

Elarqam 2.40 Haydock

Space Blues 3.15 Haydock. 

Good luck whatever your bets are. 

A winner and a second today, the second was only beaten a short head and was in front just after the line 😭

Space Blues was only pushed out to win and bigger prizes are there for the taking, it was a very impressive cosy win. 

A small profit though so can't grumble. 

As I suggested Pinnatubo did not progress that much over the winter, not to say he can't win a big race, Royal Ascot will probably come too soon for him and I expect that 1 mile is just about his limit and he may be reverted back to 7 furlongs or even 6. As for the 1000 guineas form, it looks very below average and apart from the winner who could well turn up for the Oaks next month the rest look a very mediocre lot to say the least. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/7/2020 at 6:02 PM, Mentholdan said:

A winner and a second today, the second was only beaten a short head and was in front just after the line 😭

Space Blues was only pushed out to win and bigger prizes are there for the taking, it was a very impressive cosy win. 

A small profit though so can't grumble. 

As I suggested Pinnatubo did not progress that much over the winter, not to say he can't win a big race, Royal Ascot will probably come too soon for him and I expect that 1 mile is just about his limit and he may be reverted back to 7 furlongs or even 6. As for the 1000 guineas form, it looks very below average and apart from the winner who could well turn up for the Oaks next month the rest look a very mediocre lot to say the least. 

A bit more trumpet blowing I know but I just can't see the point of running Pinnatubo over a mile and Royal Ascot was definitely the wrong meeting for him, far too soon after the 2000 guineas. He's still a great horse but the fact of the matter is that as a 2 year old he was more forward than the rest and they've just caught up with him over the winter. I'd love to see him run against Battaash over 6 furlongs, especially with his weight for age allowance. 

Tell me about it another £100 down the drain in my house I'm afraid. Also bet him last time out . Tried to tell my other half not to bet him again today but he wouldn't listen. Oh and also have money on him for the Derby can see that as another loss

Archived