Horse racing. - General Discussion - Stop and Step

Horse racing.

Mentholdan

When racing resumes on Monday I expect to see loads of races with the MAXIMUM permitted runners. After the lay off, trainers will be keen to get a run under the horses belts so fields of 16 runners and more would, "I imagine" be of the norm. I can see horses winning at huge prices and favourites getting turned over left right and centre. I shall be betting from day 1 of the return but just for fun and a bit of interest as something to watch on the TV. I may be totally wrong of course but I doubt it. 

Keep it fun until the form settles down a bit, I think there will be many surprises. I'm not 100% sure to be honest if a maiden can run in the Derby but if they are, it's by no means impossible to see the Derby won by a horse that's never set foot on a Racecourse before. 

newcomers  not allowed in the derby man , they  stopped allowing it years ago . as for the field sizes bring it on , theres nothing i like more than laying a 2-1 shot in a 30 horse claimer or low grade handicap on betfair , anybody backing horses at bookie sp these days needs sectioned 

when shiskin won the supreme novices at cheltenham this year the industry sp was 6-1 , 10s was freely available on the machine that day , i was on it 

1 hour ago, ghost22 said:

newcomers  not allowed in the derby man , they  stopped allowing it years ago . as for the field sizes bring it on , theres nothing i like more than laying a 2-1 shot in a 30 horse claimer or low grade handicap on betfair , anybody backing horses at bookie sp these days needs sectioned 

I know both Morston and Lammtara both won the Derby with just one run prior to the race. There must be loads of untraced 3 year old out there more than capable of the job. Trainers must be pulling their hair out. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/28/2020 at 6:41 PM, Mentholdan said:

When racing resumes on Monday I expect to see loads of races with the MAXIMUM permitted runners. After the lay off, trainers will be keen to get a run under the horses belts so fields of 16 runners and more would, "I imagine" be of the norm. I can see horses winning at huge prices and favourites getting turned over left right and centre. I shall be betting from day 1 of the return but just for fun and a bit of interest as something to watch on the TV. I may be totally wrong of course but I doubt it. 

Keep it fun until the form settles down a bit, I think there will be many surprises. I'm not 100% sure to be honest if a maiden can run in the Derby but if they are, it's by no means impossible to see the Derby won by a horse that's never set foot on a Racecourse before. 

A 200-1 winner and a 150-1 winner within a few days. 😎😎😎

29 minutes ago, Mentholdan said:

A 200-1 winner and a 150-1 winner within a few days. 😎😎😎

I was just about to come back and give you a thumbs up for your prediction! 👍🏻

7 minutes ago, BlindHaze said:

I was just about to come back and give you a thumbs up for your prediction! 👍🏻

Your too kind dear boy too kind. "in my best Noel Coward impersonation" 

Archived