Bookies to reopen 15th June? - Page 2 - General Discussion - Stop and Step

Bookies to reopen 15th June?

BlindHaze

I worked in a betting shop for years and even before the £2 cap we rarely had the 4 Fobts all playing.

My husband still bets in my old shop most days well obviously prior to covid-19 I mean but he says the puggies as he still calls them had maybe one or two playing at one time.

The location of them I'm not 100% as most shops seem to have all 4 of them in close proximity

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, simon1988 said:

they are not 88% on £2, they never have been, they are 90 to 91%... then you said no wonder bookies are keen to open for the machines, I work in one, and I very much doubt that we will have more than 2 machines on at one time because on the 2 meter rule.... and yet again people don't really play machines at £2 anymore, the average customer now only plays 25p which are at between 86% and 87%. and they only put £20 max in, people don't put in lots n lots no more, unlike stopnstep, and btw that's not a dig, ive watched his vids from day one on youtube and their great...

but since roulette is now down to £2 ago, and 10 to 50 quid fortune spins have gone.... not many people play machines anymore at high stakes  

Just to be clear, without wanting to cause an arguement there are slots on 88% rtp at £2. Most in hills are 90 or 91% at £2, but there are definitely slots that have as low as 88%.

I'd be surprised if people only put a max of £20 in, as my local hills still cleared around £500 per cabinet per day, which is significantly lower, but still a good sum given footfall.

Remember that dropping from 94% RTP (6% to bookies) to 88% RTP (12% to bookies) represents a doubling of their profits. It's quite noticeable that the shop's days are numbered and to maintain their shareholders they ALL (The Competition Commission) start fleecing the punter in earnest. 

I think the other guy from hills was correct as are definitely mostly set to around 90-91% at £2. But there are ones that pay as low as 88-89%, and similarly some that pay 92-94 on £2 stake (real king slotto gambler and walk of wall street are the highest I've found).

I'd definitely agree that unless they can reinvent themselves the bookies highstreet days are numbered, the fobt footfall is on the down (people can play the same games for higher rtp elsewhere). I can definitely see them struggling even more post lockdown, with social distancing still in place and cashless transactions encouraged.

5 hours ago, The crisp man said:

I think the other guy from hills was correct as are definitely mostly set to around 90-91% at £2. But there are ones that pay as low as 88-89%, and similarly some that pay 92-94 on £2 stake (real king slotto gambler and walk of wall street are the highest I've found).

I'd definitely agree that unless they can reinvent themselves the bookies highstreet days are numbered, the fobt footfall is on the down (people can play the same games for higher rtp elsewhere). I can definitely see them struggling even more post lockdown, with social distancing still in place and cashless transactions encouraged.

most reel king ones are not random though..

yes FOBTS can be moved, but lots of shops are small, so they cant be moved apart from each other, I work in a very big William hill shop, what can be moved around for the 2m.. But weather they will be we don't know whats happening yet...

41 minutes ago, simon1988 said:

most reel king ones are not random though..

yes FOBTS can be moved, but lots of shops are small, so they cant be moved apart from each other, I work in a very big William hill shop, what can be moved around for the 2m.. But weather they will be we don't know whats happening yet...

If they move them, it’ll be interesting to see what colour the carpet once was in my local Coral. 😉

On 5/28/2020 at 6:01 PM, BlindHaze said:

If they move them, it’ll be interesting to see what colour the carpet once was in my local Coral. 😉

the smaller shops wont be reopening I think not to start with, because of the 2meter rule...

the big shops are easy to open...

Some of the bookies by mine already had screens either side of the FOBT for a while, presumably to stop the pikeys watching your play and telling you what to pick, but as part of the re-opening presumably they will be more common place in enabling all 4 machines to stay in use without too much issue of social distancing?

I mean, I'd imagine most bookies would happily have all 4 of those on the go even if it meant losing most of the space left for OTC bets.

And yes, have seen £2 stake games on 88% which is pretty grotty.  I know in the short term it doesn't make that big a difference, but personally I refuse to stick a penny through where I know there are higher RTP versions elsewhere in town.

15 hours ago, shakinaces said:

Some of the bookies by mine already had screens either side of the FOBT for a while, presumably to stop the pikeys watching your play and telling you what to pick, but as part of the re-opening presumably they will be more common place in enabling all 4 machines to stay in use without too much issue of social distancing?

I mean, I'd imagine most bookies would happily have all 4 of those on the go even if it meant losing most of the space left for OTC bets.

And yes, have seen £2 stake games on 88% which is pretty grotty.  I know in the short term it doesn't make that big a difference, but personally I refuse to stick a penny through where I know there are higher RTP versions elsewhere in town.

how many players check the RTP, not many at all… 

• 2 weeks later...

bacta has blocked bookies opening up ireland

and if the arcades arnt allowed to opened on 4th of july bactas taking legal action as well

Just now, mr x said:

bacta has blocked bookies opening up ireland

and if the arcades arnt allowed to opened on 4th of july bactas taking legal action as well

It certainly wasn't fair to allow the bookies to open but not the arcades when they have the same set up. They are scheduled for the 4th, it doesn't look like there will be a reason to change it.

4 minutes ago, StopandStep said:

It certainly wasn't fair to allow the bookies to open but not the arcades when they have the same set up. They are scheduled for the 4th, it doesn't look like there will be a reason to change it.

Sounds very harsh that bookies are open but the arcades aren’t. Perhaps it is easier to socially distance in a betting shop than an arcade but as usual the bookies get what they want due to their political influence...

All betting shops remain closed north of the border, expecting them to reopen 29th but I’m planning on giving the slots a permanent body swerve..... Still go in to put a line on.

Archived