Nice win on Horus "Maybe" - General Discussion - Stop and Step

Nice win on Horus "Maybe"

Mentholdan

Went to Betfred this morning to put a couple of lucky 15s on, put the tenner change in the machine and played it up to £40 on Horus. I then decided to put the money into my Betfred account by paying it in over the counter, thinking that I might get a bigger win playing it on line. At this point I should also point out that I hadn't used the account for quite a while, only once this year and the time before that was in 2017 but the account was still active so no problems. 

I gave the woman my account details and she said that it was paid in, I checked the app. and there was the balance, £40. I went home, made a cuppa and sat down to play the £40 on Horus using my phone. 

I played with stakes of £1 £2 & £5 randomly and got bonuses on all of them and I didn't have to wait too long either. As you know, playing with those stakes the balance can go up and down pretty quickly. I was at about £100 on my balance and I thought in for a penny..... so I upped the stake to £10 and the feature came up second spin. It paid just over 100X so I messed around on Kong, Genie and Fishing frenzy, got the balance to £1000 and decided to cash out, not bad for £40 investment. 

It was when I cashed out that I noticed the card number was my old card I had stolen, along with my old phone. I called Betfred customer service and he gave me some old waffle that it has to go on that card, I asked him to re credit my account with the £1000 which he did as he cancelled my initial withdrawal. I said to the guy right, If I now log into my account can I update it and cancel the old card and register the new card and then I'll withdraw it again, this time onto the new card? He said I can't do that, it has to go on to the card that was originally registered. He said not to worry it will still go I to my account. 

I'm not so sure, at the moment the 1K is sitting in my Betfred account until I get to my bank tomorrow. 

How many people on here have the same stories of having a tasty win and then have to jump through hoops just to get it. I mean, it was so easy handing it over in the shop, I don't see why I just can't go back to the shop where I made the deposit and cash out? 

Betfred bollocks once again. 

It will still go to your account regardless of an old card being cancelled providing of course it is still the same account. Normal payment times too.
I used to do it on Betfair when I had an account and most of my credit card payment references are for card numbers that have been superceded by new cards

27 minutes ago, Stepandstop said:

Just out of interest on my LADBROKES grid account you can withdraw money in cash at any branch can you do that betfred ? 

Well the guy on the phone said no. Besides, I've had tickets well under 1K before and the money wasn't in the shop so fat chance on 1K I'm pretty sure if it's paid onto the old card it'll still be credited to my account but I'll be checking at my local branch tomorrow. "when it opens" 😬😬😥😥

Yes, it will go into your account although there may be a delay depending on your bank’s procedures. As it’s an old card, the money will immediately go off balance sheet into a UTA account until it’s applied to your account. This is usually an automated process as your bank has to retain your old card details for a minimum of 7 years after you’ve closed your account, although if it’s manual then someone will have to look through their reconciliations and then post it manually which may take a little more time.

Checked the Betfred account this morning and the 1K has been credited back. I knew I would have problems with this. Total bullshit, it's the same bank, same account no. same name, just a different number on the card due to the last one being stolen. As a well known streamer would say, "moving on" I'll keep you informed. 

1 hour ago, Mentholdan said:

Checked the Betfred account this morning and the 1K has been credited back. I knew I would have problems with this. Total bullshit, it's the same bank, same account no. same name, just a different number on the card due to the last one being stolen. As a well known streamer would say, "moving on" I'll keep you informed. 

That’s really strange. The process would be a lot cleaner if they’d let you update the card number, but it should still go back to your account. It sounds like it’s a debit card rather than a credit card too which should be easier.

Betfred should be able to provide a rejection code which says whether it’s your bank or acquirer (Visa/MasterCard/Maestro/Amex) who have rejected it.

OK so I've been in touch with customer services and it seems the problem was that I paid the initial £40 into my Betfred account in cash yesterday. They say all I need to do is make a minimal deposit of say £5 using my new debit card then I can withdraw the £1k onto the card. If I want it in cash I can get that from the shop where I made the initial £40 deposit but I can only get it £250 a time over the next 4 days. 

To update my card details I deposited £20 from it into the Betfred account. Messed around with £20 and got it up to £100 so played Napoleon for £5 a spin for a few goes, got three soldiers up and it paid £400 amazing. So cashing out £1400 now instead of 1K 😀😀😀

Archived