Horseracing - General Discussion - Stop and Step

Horseracing

Mentholdan

Racing will return soon behind closed doors, in the meantime, on Epsom Downs this morning its business as usual. 

any sign of pinatubo mate 🙂 , i see racing returns on monday in france , think there is a load of group 1 races on the card , theres some german footy back on friday night as well , a small vein of normality for the armchair punter .

The Derby WILL be run on July 4th, behind closed doors. I was speaking to one of the groundstaff yesterday morning, a guy called Simon, he confirmed that a company had been awarded the contract for fencing off the entire course for 24 hours with 6ft High fence encircling the track. The problem with that is you can see almost all of the course from the road around the track which no law in the land can stop people using. All they can do is heavily police the area to stop people loitering. Good luck with that one. 

As for Pinatubo? I've seen it all before, those precocious 2 year olds that beat everything out of sight, only to return to racing as a 3 year old and can't run a yard, Tromos, R B Chesne and Arazzi spring to mind. While all three remained good horses, they just couldn't repeat the kind of form shown when they were 2. So I would hold fire on those ante post bets. 

im inclined to agree with you man , hes not the biggest but the way he quickened in terrible ground on his last run was something to behold ,  could be a monster but time will tell i suppose 

Archived