Withdraw times - Page 2 - Bookies Slots and Roulette - Stop and Step

Withdraw times

Ok, there’s many different factors in play. Primarily the bank, the acquirer and the provider. 

The bank is the easy one. 99% of us have accounts with clearing banks (every high street banks) so there’s no delay. However there’s a lot of smaller banks, primarily foreign subsidiaries, that can’t clear GBP. As such, they bank with another bank. HazeyBank for instance may clear their sterling through NatWest. These agency banks don’t have the same regulations with regards to clearing times with Faster Payments and to a lesser extent BACS. If you make a Faster Payment from your Lloyd’s account to an RBS account then it’ll be cleared immediately (it’s irrevocable too) however agency/non clearing banks only have 2 mandatory payment downloads each weekday and don’t have to do any at the weekend.

The acquirer is who the bookies have their banking/card machine agreements with (WorldPay is one of the biggest players). Dependent upon who it’s with and what kind of machine it is, will mean different processing times. Some card machines are real time, some just put a reserve (or an incremental pre auth) on funds and won’t actually process it until either the bookies manually run an end of day, or it’s automatically run by the terminal at a certain time of day. This actually kinda also covers the provider as it depends what card machine you have... it could be a VeriFone, Ingenico, Square, Clover......

The acquirer will also have a certain T+x days for settlements in their agreement with the bookies. They could also have different settlement methods in their agreements (always BACS or FP), obviously BACS would take longer. It also depends on how it’s processed depending upon the device they have and whether it’s a live system or waits for an EOD to be run, or whether the agreement treats it as a refund or a payment.....

Long story short, there’s so many variables that they always say ‘up to 10 working days’ to cover their rear end.

Anyway, ‘Steps latest album? Wow, H looks good in those pictures’....

When I lived in Spain I always asked for payment for my work with a cheque made out to Al Portador "The bearer" 

You just went to the bank, handed over the cheque and collected the cash. If you lost the cheque in the street then whoever found it could do the same. 

Also, cheques never bounced in Spain, it was a criminal offence to write cheque without the funds in your account. 

The good old days. 

Then they changed to the euro, capped the amount of a Al Portador cheque. Euro notes were 5 10 20 100 200 and 500, they called the 500 a "Bin Laden" everyone knew they existed but nobody ever saw one 😁 most shops at the time posted signs saying no notes changed over 100 euros. I finished a job one evening and got paid in 200 and 500 notes, I was an hour or so from home with very little petrol and no gas station would accept the notes. I literally made it home on fresh air, freewheeling downhill onto the forecourt. 

58 minutes ago, BlindHaze said:

You know when you go to house parties and there’s always that guy in the corner that no one wants to talk to and he’s left on his own reading the CD covers? Yeah, I can be that guy..... if anyone’s interested I can explain why it takes different lengths of time for the money to hit your account and it’s not necessarily due to your bank nor the the bookies’ bank.

If not..... ‘wow, Europe’s greatest hits single.... I bet there’s some good pictures of them playing The Final Countdown in there....’

Everybody's interesting to talk to if you dig deep enough. 

If you do it before 3 it usually clears by the afternoon next working day. At that time you'll be waiting an extra working day. However... Monzo may well have it in account by this evening

That's super quick by monzo. I've got a monzo card, but I've never used it! I use Santander and it normally takes 2 days, but it even clears on weekends and bank holidays, which is odd.

When I  banked with the coop it took 4-5 days. I stopped using them after someone stole my card details (prob from a bookies) and the fraud team didnt call me, despite them making several transactions for between £500 and £2000 in the space of a few hours.

I played Fishing Frenzy and Eye Of Horus earlier on 20p stakes, stuck £20 in and lost the lot.

Quite frankly, I couldn’t give a flying monkey’s how long it takes to pay out..... 😉

Ugh so tilted tonight play low stakes had about £8 in my pocket put in £2 and stuck 10 x 20p spins on dofg.5th or 6th spin In a ton of wilds drop down for £55!! This off 20p stake.kept going like a clown and only left with £10.tilt mode activated.money would of came in very handy

• 4 weeks later...

Archived