Slightly embarrassing - Off Topic - Stop and Step

Slightly embarrassing

BlindHaze

It’s the missus’ birthday today, she’s turned 30 and is now officially a milf! However, today she’s gone to see the Harry Potter exhibition thing in London with her brother and they’re running late. As a result, I’m sitting on my own at a table for 10 in the pub which is decorated with banners and balloons.

I’m not sure there’s such a sorry sight as someone sitting on their own, drinking a pint surrounded by birthday paraphernalia. I’ve had a few sympathetic and sneering looks and I’ve only been here 10 minutes...

• Sad 1

I’ve had a few sympathetic and sneering looks and I’ve only been here 10 minutes.

You know you'll be on people's Facebook pages 'no one came to this guys party'. You might be trending by the time you get home!

On 8/23/2019 at 7:27 PM, Stepandstop said:

Go play on a fruit machine if there is one 😂

I used to love pub fruities but they got too expensive for me.... used to be 20p play back in my 90s/early 00s heyday and you’d get £3 change when buying a pint with a fiver. You used to at least get a play, but now they’re £1 play DONFnD at 74%..... not much fun to me anymore.

On that note, does anyone else remember the time that a fiver was actually an amount of money...?!

On 8/23/2019 at 8:03 PM, StopandStep said:

You know you'll be on people's Facebook pages 'no one came to this guys party'. You might be trending by the time you get home!

Haha! Thankfully no one will believe I’m 30 (too grey) so it’ll soon be dismissed as a Facebook hoax! 🤣 but I haven’t been on Facebook for about 6 or 7 years due to this sort of thing. That and people sharing pictures of their dinner. And the utter narcissists that need to share pictures of their ridiculous pout every few hours just because they think people will forget about them if they don’t. 

‘Hey, you’re on holiday in Sydney? Fantastic! That’d be a great picture of the Opera House if it didn’t have your stupid slab of a face floating from the bottom right corner and covering 75% of the picture!’

Ok... rant over.... I promise.... 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, BlindHaze said:

On that note, does anyone else remember the time that a fiver was actually an amount of money...?!

£5 used to be a Friday night out on the lash... Strongarm was about 35p a pint night club entry was free before 10pm and kebab shops didn't exist

• Like 1

£5 Jackpot paid out in tokens, and if you had a twat of a landlord they had to be spent in his boozer. Some would be ok and change it for you but not many of them about. Must admit i found the old style fruit machines from them more fun. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Lighty45 said:

£5 Jackpot paid out in tokens, and if you had a twat of a landlord they had to be spent in his boozer. Some would be ok and change it for you but not many of them about. Must admit i found the old style fruit machines from them more fun. 

My older brother used to say the same thing about pubs and tokens, sometimes they’d accept them for payment for beer too. Good times...

Fully agree about the old style fruit machines, some of them were great fun. When was the last time you were in the bookies and got a hold after nudging in 2 of a kind and let them spin for a win? And the last time you played a feature rather than it playing itself? Miss the interaction and the odd bit of insider knowledge for an edge. 🙂

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...