Restarting FOBT machines - Bookies Slots and Roulette - Stop and Step

Restarting FOBT machines

Welldoyou

I went into my local Ladbrokes this weekend to play on the FOBT machines. I noticed staff randomly approach the machines and turn them off and on again whenever a punter finished betting on the machines and had walked out of the door. This happened numerous times throughout the afternoon.            I went in today and the same thing happened.

Can anyone enlighten me as to why they do this? 

I'm not saying I'm right but I think this resets them stops them paying out wouldn't surprise me they have obviously been told to do this an what other reason could there be.

Oddly I was in a shop the other day and the machine itself kicked me out and gave a message “terminal blocked” and printed out my receipt. A little strange... Having said that I switched machines and won a couple of hundred so I wasn’t too upset

Oddly I was in a shop the other day and the machine itself kicked me out and gave a message “terminal blocked” and printed out my receipt.

That happened to me the other day too! First time I've ever seen it and the staff said they had no clue why. 

As for turning them off and on, that wouldn't do anything, the staff don't have any access to change any settings.

12 minutes ago, StopandStep said:

That happened to me the other day too! First time I've ever seen it and the staff said they had no clue why. 

As for turning them off and on, that wouldn't do anything, the staff don't have any access to change any settings.

1 hour ago, TheKingInTheNorth said:

Aye it’s a strange one, and the cynic in me always smells a rat 🤣🤣🤣

Hi my name is eddie ,

my wife works in an arcade and i can tell you no matter how many times the machine's are switched off and on this dosen't do anything to the machine, unless the employee's have a master's degree in electronic's most board's run from back up battery in the machine which mean's they can't be fixed or altered in any way . 

8 hours ago, rocsteadyeddie said:

Hi my name is eddie ,

my wife works in an arcade and i can tell you no matter how many times the machine's are switched off and on this dosen't do anything to the machine, unless the employee's have a master's degree in electronic's most board's run from back up battery in the machine which mean's they can't be fixed or altered in any way . 

Hi Eddie, cheers for the info. I know they’re not “rigged” in all honesty and I generally work on the assumption along with say online poker that the provider has far more to lose than gain from rigging games. Namely no one would play there anymore if such a provider was found to be cheating.

Just look at what happened to Ultimate Bet when they were caught using card “seeing” software and bots on their poker site, they went bust overnight.

11 hours ago, TheKingInTheNorth said:

Oddly I was in a shop the other day and the machine itself kicked me out and gave a message “terminal blocked” and printed out my receipt. A little strange... Having said that I switched machines and won a couple of hundred so I wasn’t too upset

This may well be the software updating over the interwebby…. 

• 1 month later...

Archived