TRAVELLERS - General Discussion - Stop and Step

TRAVELLERS

Stepandstop

Just woke up this morning and looked out my bedroom window to a field full of travellers 

Rang the local police up who are powerless to do anything 

any ideas how to fuck them off 😢😢

F0883C04-BCE7-4099-BB09-2D2731B9FC1E.jpeg

Depends on who owns the land... If its the council they will act quick and have them removed within a week... If it is privately owned it may take ages but don't buy any luck heather or whittled down pegs as it will only entourage them to return..On a serious note make sure everything is secure and best of luck

9 hours ago, Mentholdan said:

We call them "Doasyoulikeys" down here. 

Haha! Yeah, we call them that too, amongst other less mentionable nicknames...! The strange thing is that they treat it as a racial slur and people have been prosecuted for it.

Even if they’re only around for a few hours, they still manage to do a hell of a lot of fly tipping. We also had a spate of badly looked after horses escaping running on to main roads. But don’t call them names because you could end up with the police at your door.

Can’t believe I’m saying this but a part of me admires them

they don’t pay any council tax car insurance tv license income tax etc etc

the leisure centre next to them caught 2 seven year old kids who belong to the travellers pinching sweets if it was my daughter I’d probably be in trouble but these kids seem untouchable 🤮🤮

3 hours ago, Stepandstop said:

Can’t believe I’m saying this but a part of me admires them

they don’t pay any council tax car insurance tv license income tax etc etc

the leisure centre next to them caught 2 seven year old kids who belong to the travellers pinching sweets if it was my daughter I’d probably be in trouble but these kids seem untouchable 🤮🤮

Trust me they pay car insurance, all police vehicles are fitted with number plate recognition, no tax or insurance, they take your car on the spot, no exceptions. You cannot pay on the spot. The car is taken to a pound where you will have to pay the towing charge, storage charge and provide the correct documents. Been there, done that, got the t shirt. 

28 minutes ago, Stepandstop said:

Wow didn’t no that my apologies 😢

No need to apologise, mine was purely due to an oversight, but they make no exceptions. The future is now, did you know they can read a number plate and get facial recognition from  satellites orbiting the earth, scary. 

They will get moved on within about 4 weeks if you and your neighbours pester the council every day. This looks like council land which should make it relatively straight forward. If a local team rents the pitch let them know because it looks like a local asset has been removed and will unquestionably be ruined.

Your council will have a traveller liaison officer who you should contact. The more pressure you put them under the better.

Lay it on thick that they are littering, loud, exposing themselves to children when they go to the toilet, their generators are keeping you awake, you’ve seen rats, you’ve been verbally abused, you have seen a traveller in your back garden looking through your window, kids have been throwing stones etc..

Sadly most of this will be true anyway 

Brace yourself. It’s going to be a shit few weeks and your nice field will be destroyed.

Long term the most important thing will be to work our how they got there and to make sure they never get the chance to return.

After they are removed they will get a fixed time period when they aren’t allowed to return and it will be crucial to put unmovable barriers in the way to prevent their return. Remember they will have heavy equipment so the council need concrete boulders or something similar.

If you don’t do the above they will be a regular feature I’m afraid.

Archived