EU Election Betting and Odds - General Discussion - Stop and Step

EU Election Betting and Odds

StopandStep

Here are the current odds (13/05) for the upcoming EU election. Are you planning to bet or vote?

Brexit Party is 1/10, so even though they are certainly in the lead, is it worth a bet at those odds? A bet on the percentage is probably a better option. I'd guess 40% - 44.99% at 6/1 with a turnout of 60%+ at 20/1 because everybody is pissed off so they'll go out and vote. What do you think?

EU Elections.jpg

I think you’re completely wrong about voter turnout.

people will not turnout to vote in an election they will see as pointless in that we are leaving the EU anyway. Only those wishing to protest their annoyance at the fact we haven’t already left will turnout and will vote for the Brexit party when they do (hence the 1/10 on quote).

to put voter turnout in context:

General Elections:

2005 - 61.4%

2010 - 65.1%

2015 - 61.4%

2017 - 68.8%

EU Elections:

1999 - 24%

2004 - 38.5%

2009 - 34.7%

2014 - 35.6%

EU Referendum - 72.21%

As you can see  the EU elections generally have poor turnouts anyway, whilst you may think they figure will be higher due to people being “pissed off” you need to factor in “Brexit fatigue” in the electorate which is very high and as I mention above people thinking it’s a waste of time as we’re leaving anyway.

Referendums like the EU one always get big turnouts because it matters and in fact the Scottish independence referendum had a whopping 84% turnout but were it matters less people just can’t be arsed think the AV referendum in 2012 which had a turnout of just 42%!

Thinking an EU election will attain a turnout akin to a general election is fantasy stuff in my opinion.

Having said that, that’s what betting is all about, opinions! So if you fancy a small interest then batter in! It would be a definite pass from me tho.

Got to agree with king of the north. The only people that will vote are; 1) those who think we should have left already and 2) those people who always vote.

Low, low turn out,  with Farage winning the best value I can see is with the voter percentages, unless you go with under 20% turnout at 50/1

It's a tough one, voter turnout is always pretty low for EU elections but this one's different. I'm gonna go with 43%

Im going for 35.4% - 36% and Farage to win in a canter. Please let it be anyone other than Natalie Bennett, as far as I'm concerned she can f*** off back to Australia where she came from. She makes my blood boil, interfering cow can keep her hands off our Royals. 

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

The hilarious thing about Brexit is that Britain had such a bloody difficult job joining in the first place. I can still hear my old man shouting the odds down the local pub "That bastard general De Gaulle spent the whole of the second World War in Hampstead Heath under our protection and now that's the second time he's vetoed our application to join the common market." 

I think Alf Garnett was based on my dad and a lite bit has rubbed off on me, 😁

De Gaulle was often unwelcoming to his allies in the war. I like the reported conversation he had with Lyndon Johnson when asking America to get all its soldiers off French soil and the reply was if he was including the ones buried in it.

And I'd be quite happy to see the Royals fucked off. The French definitely had the right idea there

On 5/13/2019 at 10:32 PM, Mentholdan said:

The hilarious thing about Brexit is that Britain had such a bloody difficult job joining in the first place. I can still hear my old man shouting the odds down the local pub "That bastard general De Gaulle spent the whole of the second World War in Hampstead Heath under our protection and now that's the second time he's vetoed our application to join the common market." 

I think Alf Garnett was based on my dad and a lite bit has rubbed off on me, 😁

🤣🤣 brilliant 

Archived