I bet no one expected that? - General Sports Betting Talk - Stop and Step

I bet no one expected that?

4-0 Liverpool, no Salah, the Spanish press will murder thos Catalans tomorrow. That will be front page news on every newspaper across the land. 

Incidentally, for those who didn't know, there are two main daily footy papers in Spain, Sport is about 30 pages Barca and three pages the rest and Marca is 30 pages Madrid and well I'm sure you get the gist of it. 

EVERY small town in Spain has tennis courts, basketball  courts and artificial football pitches. They all have football teams from infants to seniors, with ref's linesmen, and proper leagues for all ages. The main Sunday newspaper in my region, "so I assume all the others are the same," have centre page pullots of all the youth leagues for all the ages with team photos. The setup is faultless and they have the perfect climate for it, "I lived there 20 years and never had to scrape frost off my windscreen once. Kids as young as 10 or 11 who show major promise are snapped up by the real big boys, their parents financially very well recompensed and if the lad don't make it his given a very good education. 

Believe me, no matter what anyone tells you, the UK will never have an academy setup like the Spanish. It didn't do them much good tonight I agree but their consistency speaks for itself.  

Archived